Examples of Superstition Mountain gold

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you refuse to answer the question, I will have to assume that the answer is no.

I hope you can understand why I give more weight to the opinions of people who have done serious research (not relying primarily on GE or obscure photos) or of those who have walked in the Supes and know what these mountains are really like.

I don't understand and I don't care about your assumptions or your opinions about what I have doing in my life . You are not able to judge me . Keep them for yourself . I can live without them .

And please , don't reply to this post . Continue the debate with the other members .
Thank you in advance .

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Sure is a lot of rugged out there Frank....some gold too. I'm glad to have been able to see and touch some of it, but it would take more than one lifetime to see it all, and even then.....

That was the point I was going to try and raise with Marius, that unless one has walked the Supes, like you and Frank have done so many times, one doesn't understand that most of the theories and diagrams drawn on GE stills or wide shot photos would take a lifetime to reconnoiter or investigate.

Also like Mike has said, GE, and even some of the photos, especially blurry ones, do a very poor job of representing what is actually there. I remember a side by side comparison in a post that Eric (Somero) did of an actual photo he took in the Supes, and a still from GE of the same area, and the two were about as similar as day and night. Hence no wonder so many have gotten in trouble, and why I think that those who only go by GE or blurry photos, aren't really in a position to lecture others who have been up in those mountains.

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A larger part of the " blurry " picture with the little DON trail . The tree reveals how is not a GE picture .
What surprise !

Little DON trail.jpg

The picture is dedicated to those who hike (ed) inside the Supes at least two miles from the trail head .

Last edited:

StreamlineGold

Apr 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya blurry zoomed in photos don't help anyone it's better to not post then at all. It's about like selling a car using a zoomed in pic of your door handle...

And yes the accuracy of google earth gets worse the further you zoom in.

John_Arizona

Jan 30, 2013
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Spanish Death Rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Unlike Waltz I have some trusted friends on this forum who have a copy of my map and know exactly where I'm prospecting They go with my blessing to find their own spot in the area. Including Bob Wards nephew. I'm not going to croak and take it with me. It's sad that Waltz did not have trusted friends. In the end it's only gold. I would rather have a good friend.

Bay is a great friend, don't go bashing him... I didn't care much for the map you gave us.

OP
OP
sgtfda

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
Superstition gold has a copper tint when it comes out of the ground. Soak it in vinegar with a little salt for a few days. Shake it a little so the salt will scrub it. This will remove the tint. At the rendezvous I passed around some right out of the ground. This is how it looks after cleaned.

image-601334673.jpg

OP
OP
sgtfda

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1418341618.929543.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1418341634.163025.jpg

Some samples

Black Diamond, high grade silver
shaft next to Silver King, high grade silver

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1418341577.664850.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1418341577.664850.jpg
    184.6 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:

roadrunner

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2012
Pinal Mountains,Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett Groundhog-2012-1st MD.
White's Goldmaster V/Sat-2nd-MD-2013
Tesoro Lobo-2015-3rd
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Was that shaft next to the Silver King the first shaft from the Silver Queen.
Or was the silver queen farther away.

OP
OP
sgtfda

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
There are a few shafts very near the Silver King and some behind in the mountain such as the Black Diamond

StreamlineGold

Apr 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tried getting up to silver king once but all access roads are gated off didnt seem like you can get even remotely close to it...found a few old filled in shafts in the area to the northwest of the mine

StreamlineGold

Apr 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I figured that I was hoping to get at least close enough to see the old buildings on the site. There's a mine on the right halfway up the hill just down the road about 1/4 mile from the gate I want to check out. I know there were a couple small gold mines not too far from it

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread