Examples of Superstition Mountain gold

StreamlineGold

Apr 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Btw guys I ran across someone in Mesa a while back that had a ring made of what he claimed to be Dutchman ore...it was definitely some legit very rich white Quartz / gold ore. I got a picture of it if anyone is interested to see it I'm just not sure if this guy would appreciate a public photo of it being posted...I do remember a post somewhere talking about some jewelry made from the ore...just of course skeptical but it at least looks the part.

StreamlineGold

Apr 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1420558935.641582.jpg

StreamlineGold

Apr 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I felt a little weird asking the dude if I could take a pic of it so I didn't try to get another shot... Still cool tho I would like to know where it came from

Mr.T

Sep 10, 2010
France
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Superstition gold looks a lot like electrolysis gold- ie seawater gold. And especially silver! Dark. The sacrificial metal must be well within two steps on the periodic table! Nickel would be my guess. u could be real close to the main vain. >Test pan above and below where you are!

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Frank,

Your pictures of gold look like the lode is fairly close. What have you done to locate the source? I suspect you have already discovered that source. I believe it's possible that there is little or no placer gold below the LDM.

There are a number of descriptions of the mine which all state that it is a "plt mine". I believe those descriptions are closest to the truth. If it's a pit mine, it's possible that no signs of gold can be found in the canyon below the mine.

Good luck,

Joe

Last edited:

StreamlineGold

Apr 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some of the mines I have seen out in this area seem to be following limonite/Quartz veins....

Au Finder

Feb 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe the white/rose quartz ore played out 125+ years ago. The match box is made from the finest LDM ore, Jacobs personal stash. C. Kenworthy claim to have found the LDM 1981. Believe it or not. Any pictures of his ore?

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks!! I needed a break, life was getting in the way. I miss it here, so much drama, lol.

motel6.5

Mar 27, 2012
Nevada,Calif.,Utah,Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Sarge., Why should we take your word that the Gold photos you are posting is actually gold , just maybe they
are fake nuggets. How can you prove they are from the Supers.,I mean proof positive, Court strong.
Walz was over 80yrs old when he passed away , I"m sure he had some Gold in a box under his bed, it would be easy
access,also more than likely he had some buried close by to where he was liveing, again easy and close access.After all by that time he wasn"t makeing any desert trips.

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sarge doesn't have to prove anything motel6.5.
Some of us have seen and held Frank's gold, and it ain't fake.
Small nuggets, flakes and dust from a large alluvial area down below the southern end of the Sups.

After he was rescued from his flooded property, Waltz was taken to Julia's boarding house, sick with pneumonia.
He later asked Rhiney Petrache to go out to his homestead....after the flood waters had receded....to dig up the candle box and bring it to him at Julia's place.
That's how the story goes, and I see no reason to doubt it.

Regards:SH.

motel6.5

Mar 27, 2012
Nevada,Calif.,Utah,Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do believe the story about the candle box.
And witnesses are proof,good point.
I also believe the match box was inlaid with Walz"s gold, my opinon , others differ.
Good luck in your searches, S.Hiker.

ibjeepn

May 27, 2012
Butler, Pa
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic Whites Classic II
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why shouldn't you take his word ? What does he have to gain by lying ? He explained where he found it. I can't begin to understand why so many are focused at proving others wrong or liars here. Why don't you take it with a grain of salt then and continue with your research and search ? Instead of questioning a mans honesty. Nobody has to "prove" anything to anyone. Seriously. :BangHead:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread