EXCAL 1000, BEST SETTING FOR COIN SHOOTING???

I have a 1000, live in Florida and I mainly hunt beaches, at the beach I set my discrimination to about 2, my threshold to where I just can just barely hear it chatter, the volume high and the sensativity to what would be between the 11 to 1 position on a clock. On the beach I am hunting for any lost jewelry and coins are only the 2nd choice, I don't usually hunt just dirt, I do hunt parks, usually the play grounds and they mainly use mulch and sand, my settings are the same, except I may turn the sensativity up some, depends on how it sounds.

I have found a good deal on a 2005 version Whites 6000 PRO XL with 21 months still left on the warranty that I am getting to hunt the land as the excal is a little heavy for park hunting.

I am sure one of the Minelab experts will respond soon and they can help you more. Sandman checks this forum often.

Here I am......I check in often because I am frozen to the ground this year.

As Treasure Hunter says, the Excal is a little heavy for plain dirt hunting even when hip mounted. His settings are good and much depends on the area where you are trying to hunt. At your area a setting of Auto for sensitivity may be better, it depends on the noise. During pinpointing, I find the coin is at the top edge of the coil method the easiest for dry land. In the sand, since you are using a scoop, you don't need to pinpoint.

Good Luck,
Sandman

I have an Excalibur and mainly hunt in the water between Ft. Lauderdale, and South Beach Miami. My settings are the same as Treasure hunter.

HH 8) surfrat

Surfrat, in March a friend of mine and I are heading down to South Beach to start a hunt then moving north spending a day at a time at South Beach, Ft. Lauderdale, Hollywood Beach, then maybe Vero Beach and up towards Daytona Beach on a 5-6 day hunt. (That is if you haven't already picked them clean already :( )

Treasure_Hunter said:
Surfrat, in March a friend of mine and I are heading down to South Beach to start a hunt then moving north spending a day at a time at South Beach, Ft. Lauderdale, Hollywood Beach, then maybe Vero Beach and up towards Daytona Beach on a 5-6 day hunt. (That is if you haven't already picked them clean already :( )

Treasure_Hunter, sent you a pm. Check it out.

HH 8) surfrat

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back