Excalibur 1000 Battery

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anyone replaced the battery on an Excalibur 1000? I have chance to purchase one but not sure what the battery condition is. It has yellow headphones would that be a clue to date of the detector.
Thanks!!
You can buy NiMh batteries for about $40 and replace the old battery. If your concerned..

OP
OP
kickit

kickit

Mar 18, 2013
southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Etrac, AT Pro, F2, Garrett Propointer
Thanks Treasure_Hunter...do you have or have had a Excal 1000? If so, what is your opinion of that model? I now have an Etrac and an AT Pro but thought the Excal might be more stable in salt water.

TheSleeper

Nov 25, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE/Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Treasure_Hunter...do you have or have had a Excal 1000? If so, what is your opinion of that model? I now have an Etrac and an AT Pro but thought the Excal might be more stable in salt water.

Sorry kickit, but your reply gave me a good laugh, my apologies to you.

Treasure hunter, is one of a handful of us that have been using the excels basically since they came out, so yes you can be assured in what he says.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry kickit, but your reply gave me a good laugh, my apologies to you.

Treasure hunter, is one of a handful of us that have been using the excels basically since they came out, so yes you can be assured in what he says.

Thanks for the compliment but I'm a newbie compared to many excal users. I started using excal in 2007, have owned 3 excals, still own two and both have the remote pinpoint/reverse discrimination mod, 15" coils and Detectorpro Amphibian headphones. I switched to NiMh batteries several years ago because they stay charged for about 15 hours and recharge quickly.

I love the excal...

OP
OP
kickit

kickit

Mar 18, 2013
southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Thanks guys, is there any way to tell the approximate age without knowing the serial number? The one in question has yellow headphones and appears to have a double d coil which maybe all do I'm not sure.

TheSleeper

Nov 25, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE/Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The excal's have basically gone through 4 evolutions: (in a nutshell)
1st. Sword model coil was in a horse shoe configuration with red head phones (I believe been awhile).
2nd. Looks almost identical to current, DD round coil 8" or 10" coil blue/gray headphones
3rd. Looks almost identical to current, DD round coil 8" or 10" coil yellow head phones
4th. Psychedelic green meanie lime green decals 8" or 10" DD coil, yellow head phones

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No way to tell age by colors. Some who had blue headphone replaced them with yellow later on...

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Thanks guys, is there any way to tell the approximate age without knowing the serial number? The one in question has yellow headphones and appears to have a double d coil which maybe all do I'm not sure.

If you send the serial numbers to [email protected], she will provide you with the date of manufacture if still on record. Some of the older models are no longer in their database. GL and HH

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anyone replaced the battery on an Excalibur 1000? I have chance to purchase one but not sure what the battery condition is. It has yellow headphones would that be a clue to date of the detector.
Thanks!!
As long as it's not the Sword model, I wouldn't worry about the year or battery as long as the price is right. You can get replacements easily and I would recommend the alkaline pack as a backup. Hopefully, it has at least a 10" coil unless you really need one for around the fire rings. Seeing that you have an E-trac, I would use that for the fire rings. I find that the Excalibur is more stable and deeper in salt water (in pin point) than the E-trac.

OP
OP
kickit

kickit

Mar 18, 2013
southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Thanks cudamark, obviously I know little about the Excal so what is the Sword model?

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Sword Excal was the first Excal model. Read about all the Excal's here.Minelab Electronics Excalibur | Lost Treasure Online - Official Website of Lost Treasure Magazine
Some of the Excaliburs had a 800 or a 1000 number which just meant the coil size. I've used the Excal 1000 for years with a 1600 ah Nimh battery and it hangs from my neck without using a special long shaft, I used to dive with it. It does not false on a saltwater beach in wet sand. The new Excal II works the same.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks cudamark, obviously I know little about the Excal so what is the Sword model?
To add to what Sandman posted, the first Excalibur model had a decal on the side of the control housing that looks like a sword. It also came with a search coil in the shape of a horseshoe crab. It was, and still is, a very good beach/water machine. It's main drawback at this point is parts and repair, which is getting to be enough of a problem that I would recommend against buying one.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions