excalibur 1000 playing music

scuba000000

Greenie
Oct 4, 2005
hi Md's pretty new here :)

I read alot of your topics and love them, every informative. 8)
Went out to check my backyard with my Excalibur 1000. When i turned it on? i got the threshold humming slightly and 10 sec later it starts playing music. ??? ??? The threshold humming started going in and out. It started to change from disc to pinpoint and any other sound it could make it was making. I started to laugh because it sounded pretty good. :o? I have used my excal four times now. the last time i used it i didn't charge the batteries because i only use it for about 1.5hrs. Got it on charger now hoping that was the problem. Has anybody else had the same thing happen to them or point me in a good direction. Oh i did check my wiring and it is away from my coil.

thanks scuba000000,

Upvote 0

southern gent

Aug 1, 2004
Pickens Co. S.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Sovriegn. Whites. Garret
Primary Interest:
Other
I've had similar problems with one of my soveriegns. It turned out to be a faulty capacitor. Lets hope that charging the batt. does the trick!! HH! Chris

D

Doctor Detroit

I have heard of this happening with most detectors that have a defect. Some times a bad bump by the UPS man or it's dropped in shipment. One of the reasons to buy from a dealer with a store is you get it tested there and you carry it home. One thing you might not have thought of is a neighbor's security system being turned on. Try it in other areas and if it keeps doing this Music thing, send it in to Minelab.

Good Luck,
Doctor Detroit

OP
OP
scuba000000

scuba000000

Greenie
Oct 4, 2005
well i thought i would update this. I called minelab and talked to dick and robert and they told me to turn the the on and off really fast five times. didn't take care of it. said to put it on my lap and lightly tap the unit firmly to check the crystals. nothing. next told me to box it up and send it in. so i did. said it happens once in a great while they get some like this. I said it was par for the course because i was going to go out detecting this weekend near some really old farm house from the 1800's. oh well don't think there going anywhere.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions