Some Gold and Another Bronze Age Find!

T

THC

I took a peek at a swimming hole at a local lake here in Bavaria. I had done some research and the beach had it's 100th birthday a few years ago. The girls at the guesthouse said it was OK for me to get into the water with my mashine. I hunted for about 4 hours until I got real soggy due to the constant rain on Sunday. Sometimes you don't want to quit! All in all a good day with a nice 8k woemen's signet ring, a few silver rings, charms and pendnts and some odds and ends... The chains are still out there, but I can't seem to be able to get any...

Attachments

• fundeweb.jpg
    fundeweb.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 416
  • Nadel2Web.jpg
    Nadel2Web.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 420
Upvote 0

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds!

Chains are VERY hard to detect,,

there's only a "few" machines on the market that will pick up on chains (unless they're really thick/heavy).

What machine are you using??

HH

Lonewolfe

OP
OP
T

THC

Tesoro Stingray

The needle dates back to about 1500-2000 B.C. It was used to pin together the clothes of the bronze agians, sort of like Roman togas. I use a Tesoro Stingray, upgraded by Tesoro to Stingray2 with the 8" coil. I think it would be best to hunt all metal in the TR mode on my mashine or to use a PI. The problem is the incredible amount of junk in the water there. Oh well, there's more treasure out there, so I can live with not finding the chains for now.

OP
OP
T

THC

Definately bronze age

Had the needle checked out. It's definaely bronze age around 2000 b.c. I have to get out there again to find some more. I hate going detecting in the snow :-\

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread