excalibur 2 threshold sounds

iamfree

May 1, 2012
nowhere
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i just picked up the excal a few days ago and im hitting it hard and trying to become proficient with it. now, i know (based on what ive read so far) that it sets the threshold sound based on the last target swing over. so...i turn on the machine, settings are... disc-full counter clock, sens-as needed, usually 5-7 and adjusted as i go along, vol- max, threshold-the slight buzz which is usually around 40-60%, disc when disc'ing pinpoint when pinpointing...... ok now, so when its first turned on the threshold is the nice misquito buzz, but it seems if i go over something and get a null or go over iron, i get a loud nasty buzz that is just plain annoying and much louder that the nice misquito buzz. i usually reset it by swinging my scoop which has an aluminum shaft over it, or pumping over the sand while wading. this threshold is louder than the others, and frankly, its annoying...is this common amongst all excalibur users...being that its too loud, must i keep reseting it to the softer sound as to have a proper threshold as ive read about....am i just over-reacting and its just fine... lol...

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yep, the excal will sometimes maintain the tone of the last target, you can get rid of it by scanning your scoop or a piece of metal. It does not affect the performance or depth of the unit....

Rodbuster209

Oct 26, 2010
Northern California
Detector(s) used
MineLab SE, Excaliber 1000, Sovereign, White's SpectrumXLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I turn my threshold knob to the right until i can't hear the threshold any more, you will still hear your target just no threshhold,try it. I also do not use the pinpoint mode, I just move the coil away from me and the target is right at the bottom of the coil when you finish hearing it. It works for me anyways. Good luck..........Scott.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread