ORDERED MY AT PRO TODAY

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E-TRAC MINELAB SAFARI TEKNETICS OMEGA 8000 GARRETT AT PRO GARRETT PRO POINTER VIBRA PROBE 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

BallsDeep

Apr 30, 2012
Eastern Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Whites Surf Dual Field, Garrett Carrot Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
you are going to love it! it has a slight learning curve but it is great at finding coins.. if it comes up 99 its a bottle cap or you scrubbed the coil. 50 or better is usually good finds. it will ignore most trash in standard mode (coin, but will find gold and silver in coin mode also) but run in zero mode until you get the hang of it. :occasion14:

FCCDFEd

Sep 29, 2007
Terra Bella, Ca.
Detector(s) used
DFX, IDXPro, MXT, Lobo St., At Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love mine, too. Obviously it will take a little time to learn the curve, but few days and I think you'll love it.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
sonofadigger....... It depends what kind of gold ... but mine will hit any were between 50 & 60 on gold....... quarters 84... dimes 80... pennys 75..... that's all give or take ....... but with me i dig every thing so i don't pay that much attention to numbers................. But i do like the iron auido and most of the time when it hits i don't dig.for every time the iron audio came on it was junk........For when i first got it i would check the iron audio sound and dig & it was junk every time..and like BallsDeep i run in zero all the time...

Last edited:
OP
OP
sonofadigger

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E-TRAC MINELAB SAFARI TEKNETICS OMEGA 8000 GARRETT AT PRO GARRETT PRO POINTER VIBRA PROBE 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks guys i cant wait to get it and use it i should have it by the end of the week

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can see you running down the UPS drivers towards the end of the week....Good luck with your new machine.

ibjeepn

May 27, 2012
Butler, Pa
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic Whites Classic II
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had mine almost a month. It's definitely a coin finder. Some deep finds ! In all types of soil and sand. Enjoy and Good luck.

kayden

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Ace250,AT Pro & Garrett Propointer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can see you running down the UPS drivers towards the end of the week....Good luck with your new machine.
LOL...I actually did this when I missed the delivery!

OP
OP
sonofadigger

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
im just curious to see what i have missed(or not missed) at my spot the end of the week cant get here soon enough

Tdug1

Greenie
May 23, 2012
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro and AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really like them both, get into the habit of using the ground balance feature often. For instance if you move from one patch of ground to another or if you move from sunlight to shade does make a difference.

We have some videos coming that will feature a Display camera on both the Gold and Pro, and will be putting them over at our blog which can be found here

D.U.G. (Discovered Under Ground) We have footage of a nickel, wheat and common trash targets that sound close enough to the good ones.

Happy Hunting and look forward to seeing what you find!

SAR

OP
OP
sonofadigger

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
THANKS for the advice guys i will put it to good use

Ace350

Apr 12, 2012
The Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Ace350/ATpro/2Excalibur1000's
Eldorado/Bandito II µMax/Conquistador µMax/
Silver Sabre µMax/ Compadre/ Whites TRX & Garrett Pro-Pointer/ Lesche digger model 75 Stealth 720i & S3i Scoops
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can see you're excited. You already have the At Pro listed in your profile.:laughing7:
Oh yea, you're either gonna go out and greet the UPS guy or your gonna jump up and peek out the window every time you hear a truck go down your road! :icon_cheers::icon_cheers:

I haven't touched my 350 since I got my AT Pro.
It's pretty similar. Watch all the Garrett videos before you get it. Then you know how to work it when it arrives and can take it out and play with it. Ask me how I know.

Here's the link to the Garrett videos and the owners manual:

Manual: http://www.garrett.com/hobbysite/hbby-manuals/1533200_atpro_english.pdf

Garrett Videos: Garrett AT PRO Training, "From the Field" and Tip Videos

Congrats, you're gonna love it!

OP
OP
sonofadigger

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can see you're excited. You already have the At Pro listed in your profile.:laughing7:
Oh yea, you're either gonna go out and greet the UPS guy or your gonna jump up and peek out the window every time you hear a truck go down your road! :icon_cheers::icon_cheers:

I haven't touched my 350 since I got my AT Pro.
It's pretty similar. Watch all the Garrett videos before you get it. Then you know how to work it when it arrives and can take it out and play with it. Ask me how I know.

Here's the link to the Garrett videos and the owners manual:

Manual: http://www.garrett.com/hobbysite/hbby-manuals/1533200_atpro_english.pdf

Garrett Videos: Garrett AT PRO Training, "From the Field" and Tip Videos

Congrats, you're gonna love it!

lol thanks for the vids i feel like i know everything about it already ive watched so many videos :tongue3: im just ready to do some river hunting

Ace350

Apr 12, 2012
The Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Ace350/ATpro/2Excalibur1000's
Eldorado/Bandito II µMax/Conquistador µMax/
Silver Sabre µMax/ Compadre/ Whites TRX & Garrett Pro-Pointer/ Lesche digger model 75 Stealth 720i & S3i Scoops
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey sonofadigger,
Just think, you can go practice in your backyard again. It's like virgin territory for metal detecting all over again.
I don't care how many times you went through it with your Ace250. I guarantee the AT Pro finds more stuff in it. I found 2 quarters, 2 dimes and a handful of pennies that my Ace 350. left behind and that's after going through the yard like 4X with the 350. Learn to use your iron audio in Pro mode. It will tell you when you have coins in between iron.
Have fun and good luck.
Let us know how it works out for you when you get it.

OP
OP
sonofadigger

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ace350 said:
Hey sonofadigger,
Just think, you can go practice in your backyard again. It's like virgin territory for metal detecting all over again.
I don't care how many times you went through it with your Ace250. I guarantee the AT Pro finds more stuff in it. I found 2 quarters, 2 dimes and a handful of pennies that my Ace 350. left behind and that's after going through the yard like 4X with the 350. Learn to use your iron audio in Pro mode. It will tell you when you have coins in between iron.
Have fun and good luck.
Let us know how it works out for you when you get it.

Yeah definitely

OP
OP
sonofadigger

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What do pop caps and pulltabs usually come up as

kayden

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also dug a wheatie an Indianhead & a merc....all come at 80-81 just last night

OP
OP
sonofadigger

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kayden said:
Pull tabs are at 45-53 & have had some bottle caps there also

Thanks tomorrow is the big day cant wait its all I will think of tomorrow at work

kayden

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks tomorrow is the big day cant wait its all I will think of tomorrow at work
Just so know Nickels are at 51-53 also so please dig em! Good luck tomorrow & remember there is a learning curve at 1st...1 more thing I failed to tell you its little heavier because of the larger coil (shoulder aches at 1st)& dont forget to show us your finds!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread