Excalibur battery corrosion

JP

Bronze Member
May 5, 2006
Florida & San Salvador, El Salvador
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett Sea Hunter II, Ace 250 (for my 12 year old son)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always and I mean always wash off my Excalibur 1000 after using it. I even put it in the bathtub to make sure. I had to leave for a business trip the other day and decided to pack away the machine. Another words there is a lot of tender loving care with it.

The last piece that I was placing in the box was the battery. I was wiping it off and noticed where the two little holes are for the connection had green corrosion on them. I got some Rem Oil and sprayed them and wiped them out well. But now I am worried that the corrosion will come back. Is there anything else I could place on the battery connector so that it won't come back or continue??? I am worried that it could spread to the connector that goes to the main unit.

I love my Excal and will never part with it. "From my cold dead hands" I want it to last for as long as possible, that is why I take care of it.

Any advice will help. I hope this hasn't been posted before.

Thank you all.

HH

OP
OP
JP

JP

Bronze Member
May 5, 2006
Florida & San Salvador, El Salvador
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett Sea Hunter II, Ace 250 (for my 12 year old son)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the advice.

I always clean the connectors after going in the water. I don't know how this happened.

I will buy some soon.

HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread