cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, all mine have done the same thing. I bought factory replacements thinking that surely they must have made an upgraded replacement that was better, but no, they're a piece of junk too. I finally went down to my local electronics surplus store and found some knobs the correct diameter that have a metal center and a set screw to lock them down. They even have a point sticking out so you can feel where the pointer is without having to look at it. Makes it a lot easier to turn when your hands are wet also.

Ca70

Jan 9, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Minelab GP3000, GP3500 , Whites MXT Pro, GMT , Tesoro Sand Shark, Fisher Gold Bug , Sun-Ray DX-1 probe, Falcon MD-20, Minelab PF-25
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
As much as I loved that machine . I was so tired , replacing the knobs. Done it 5 or 6 times. sold the unit . bought a different brand, When they fix it . I'll get it again. silly problem, and oh so fixable. I do miss it though. not the headache.

OP
OP
freightdawg747

freightdawg747

Sep 29, 2008
Fort Mill, SC
Detector(s) used
F75, Minelab Excalibur 1000, Garrett Pro Pointer
Thanks for the info DadZ....I just ordered a set off of Ebay...thx again...

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As much as I loved that machine . I was so tired , replacing the knobs. Done it 5 or 6 times. sold the unit . bought a different brand, When they fix it . I'll get it again. silly problem, and oh so fixable. I do miss it though. not the headache.
You really sold the machine because of the knobs? It would take a lot more than that for me to get rid of my Excalibur! I think I paid a couple of bucks apiece for the replacements I got....plus tax........and the gasoline to get there. Looks like that E-bay add for $16 including shipping is a good deal.

grizj

May 22, 2011
maryland
Detector(s) used
Waterproof unit
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I just got a set off ebay,like cudamark said 16 bucks.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
All though the factorys are crap, the are designed to slip and save the pots....So if you install bigger and non slipping, remember the bigger the more toque you put into the turn, potentimeters are 105 each to be fixed.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Agreed. You can't go cranking on them. Turn them slowly and don't try to force them beyond their limits. The ones I got aren't any bigger in diameter than stock but they do have a nice pointer sticking out so overtwisting them is a possibility if you're not careful.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread