excalibur floating headphones

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
I bought that headphone cushion from him.It helps with comfort but wouldn't hold out underwater with a surge i don't think.Maybe just cut up a piece of bicycle tyre inner tube and tie it around your head if just for diving.Or a similar concoction.

OP
OP
rubberdiver13

rubberdiver13

Dec 19, 2008
worcestershire
Detector(s) used
excalibur 1000, c-scope,laser b2
Dano Sverige said:
I bought that headphone cushion from him.It helps with comfort but wouldn't hold out underwater with a surge i don't think.Maybe just cut up a piece of bicycle tyre inner tube and tie it around your head if just for diving.Or a similar concoction.

bit like a motorcycle helmet straps for the chin?

Lou from downunder

Mar 16, 2009
Assuming you have'nt cut holes in your hood big enough for your ears to poke through?

Before I did this I found that the headphones had nothing to "hang on to" and were always slipping off.

Drawback is that you can only use that hood for detecting.
And you want to get those phones on pretty quick cause you look pretty funny with your ears sticking out.
Surprisingly your ears dont freeze, seems the water under the phones warms up ok.
Also signals are heaps clearer when they're not having to travel through neoprene.

Lou.

stasys

Jun 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
minelab explorer xs
put on head nilon sock, but not to low like bank robber. :tongue3:

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
rubberdiver13 said:
Dano Sverige said:

Was thinking more like a bandana...easier to tie on.Or you could get some velcro and cut to size and glue onto the phones to do it your way.

wizzo86

Sep 6, 2009
maryland
Detector(s) used
J.W. fisher pulse 8 /garrett freemom 3/ minilab extera 705
go to your local dive shop or on line and look for a beenie with a chin strap. Put tht over your head phones... they will stay in place''''

OP
OP
rubberdiver13

rubberdiver13

Dec 19, 2008
worcestershire
Detector(s) used
Dano Sverige said:
rubberdiver13 said:
Dano Sverige said:

Was thinking more like a bandana...easier to tie on.Or you could get some velcro and cut to size and glue onto the phones to do it your way.

ummm....good idea. as you need to get the headphones off quick, if an emergency crops up underwater

OP
OP
rubberdiver13

rubberdiver13

Dec 19, 2008
worcestershire
Detector(s) used
wizzo86 said:
go to your local dive shop or on line and look for a beenie with a chin strap. Put tht over your head phones... they will stay in place''''

;D excellent....i will truley look the "life aquatic part", if i get the orange one ;D :icon_thumleft: :headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions