Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Re: Minelab Customer Service

It seems like Minelab service is going great then they fall apart then they are good again then fall apart again. Yes a $1000.00 is a lot of cash no matter how you look at it.......... Things like that worry me also. You would think they would at lease acknowledge one of your calls or emails or faxs ........But as you know the bigger a company gets the less they care about the little guy but to me a #1000.00 is not little................ Did you check with the dealer you got it from to see if he could help you out?

Attachments

• 73.gif
    73.gif
    35.7 KB · Views: 2,126
  • 73.gif
    73.gif
    35.7 KB · Views: 2,112
  • 88xX.jpg
    88xX.jpg
    2.6 KB · Views: 2,098

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I was thinking about a new Excal II. I think I'll just waterproof an old Sovereign instead. I don't get why detector companies just don't want to communicate with their customers as to what's going on. How hard would it be for them to have a rep post on the various forums as to their progress when dealing with issues like parts problems or moving facilities?

RPG

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Silver Umax, Compadre, Vaquero

MT Pockets said:
Me No Understandie..
RPG said:

I kinda thought you'd like my reply. :D

It's not just Minelab, take a look at the Tesoro guys. They're having problems too. And it's not just in the metal detecting world. It's the whole world. :-\

I'm in purchasing for a major company and am seeing this from every angle. Turn around times are very bad. I have items on order for a large company that I can only hope to see this year. I think, when the economy went under recently, all companies stoped production and now that the economy is coming back, they can't meet the demand. Very bad decision. :-[

I sure hope we don't have to start buying chineese metal detectors. >:(

They didn't stop production. :-\

RPG

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Silver Umax, Compadre, Vaquero

MT Pockets said:
Funny you should mention tesoro..

Just before I posted this thread.. I finished reading that one.. where Willie has been waiting 1 year....

That's INSANE....

RPG said:
MT Pockets said:
Me No Understandie..
RPG said:

I kinda thought you'd like my reply. :D

It's not just Minelab, take a look at the Tesoro guys. They're having problems too. And it's not just in the metal detecting world. It's the whole world. :-\

I'm in purchasing for a major company and am seeing this from every angle. Turn around times are very bad. I have items on order for a large company that I can only hope to see this year. I think, when the economy went under recently, all companies stoped production and now that the economy is coming back, they can't meet the demand. Very bad decision. :-[

I sure hope we don't have to start buying chineese metal detectors. >:(

They didn't stop production. :-\

Yeap. A year is kinda pushin it. :-\

I sure hope Minelab gets their act together. I sure been thinking about one. :wink:

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other

MT Pockets said:
They make Awesome Machines....

They Had Top Notch Customer Service too... Hopefully this is just a transitional thing.

I've heard several people say that within a few months, We as customers are going to be very pleased about "Something"

Jeez, For me I'd just be pleased with some Correspondence. :laughing7:

For all I know they could be on an Annual Company Vacation.. :laughing7:
It seems that Minelab and Tesoro are always saying next months or a couple of months.... BUT when that time comes they start all over again .. In a couple of months or next month .. Your right showing no respect for there customers .. I think that with Tesoro..... Detectors is there life line ..... BUT with Minelab it is just a small sideline................

Attachments

72 KB · Views: 2,097

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I had to call Minelab 5 days ago the recep answered very quickly and transferred my call to the right person who answered promptly they was polite and friendly i had no problem :dontknow:

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I called minelab about a week ago about fixing my explorer. Guy said he would have someone call me right back, after 3 days I called again, same answer. Well guess what 4 days later I am still waiting for a call. It may be easier to just throw it on the junk pile and get another one.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thanks for the update Pockets. We need to know how each manufacturer is doing with customer service to decide if we should buy from them.

TexasTal

Tenderfoot
Jan 5, 2008
NE Texas
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS

Hello folks..I called Minelab last week for a quote on repairing the broke cam-lock on my old Explorer. Well as S%&t happens i had to go to the store for the better half. Later that evening i told my wife to be on the lookout for a call from Minelab. She said "Oh they called while you were in town" . I tried again today and Jennifer (I believe) took a time that would be good for them to reach me. So they are making an effort. I also e-mailed them today so i would have 2 chances of getting the quote...lol. On a side note, even though the cam-lock is broke I have more wiggle from the bottom shaft where the "plastic pins" connect the lower shaft. Anyone else have this problem?....HH Tal

Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Florida- Somewhere in the middle
Detector(s) used
MXT 300/Excal II/Surf Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Didnt you send it to them with delivery confirmation?
I wont mail/ship ANYTHING of any value without doing that.. Then, if worse comes to worse, you have proof that they received it, and that means a lot legally...
Let's go hunting again Dennis...

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

MT Pockets said:
Anyone able to get through to them Via Telephone?

Anyone able to get through to them Via Email?

their email bounces back..

Has Anyone received a Courtesy call saying that they received your machine?

They have a New Answering service.. But no one seems to acknowledge receiving your call or Equip.
Their Customer Service "Manager" :laughing9: "as per Their Answering service" hasn't returned a call yet...

I sent a Fax.. and It was received by their number....transmitted OK..

Please inform me of your experiences. :icon_scratch:

I just wanna know if I need to file a Claim with the Post office..

we're talking about a $1,000.00+ machine..

USA
Minelab USA Inc.
871 Grier Dr., Suite B1
Las Vegas, NV 89119 USA
Toll Free: 866-517-2066
T: 1-702-891-8809
F: 1-702-891-8810
E: [email protected] for Consumer products

I sent in my X-terra 70 May 27th, I did receive a call back that Minelab had received my detector and it was in the repair shop.

What I don't like is I called today, June 15, 2010 and found out that my detector should be back in my hands sometime in July. Wow!!!! You got to be kidding me. I did talk to a lady at Minelab and that is the information she gave me. She said, repairs normally take at least a month. I told her that they sure must have a lot of bad detectors out there. She said, detectors do break and they are fixing them as fast as possible.

I'm sure glad it's summer and I am water detecting now, or I would be really Pi**ed. I have been using my trusty ACE 250 for my ground hunting, but I want my X-terra 70 back. I did find a pocket knife with my ACE 250 last night and the guy wanted to give me $100 reward for finding it. Of course I just told him I was glad I could find it and I didn't need any reward. I guess the knife cost him over $600 and it was a Iraq War keepsake.

HH, Ringfinder

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Minelab is in the process of moving their entire repair facility to the Chicago area, and will close down the Vegas facility. They are curretly running both facilities, but will Close Vegas sometime in July. This is the biggest reason repairs are taking so long at the moment....

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Treasure_Hunter said:
Minelab is in the process of moving their entire repair facility to the Chicago area, and will close down the Vegas facility. They are curretly running both facilities, but will Close Vegas sometime in July. This is the biggest reason repairs are taking so long at the moment....

OK Treasure hunter, I'm hanging in there. I guess I'm a little concerned because I sent this same detector in for the same repair last year and it only took Minelab a couple of weeks to take care of the problem. Even though the detector was still covered by a warranty, I couldn't use it because I bought the detector from a guy who needed money and the warranty wasn't in my name. I paid $60 for the repair.

I'm not sure if anyone else has had a problem with the springs that hold the batteries, but I sure have. They repaired the detector, I used it and was still having troubles with the batteries not making contact, this spring when I started detecting with the X-terra 70, the same thing happened. I put new batteries in the detector and boy "O" Boy, not sure what happened, but I think one of the springs shorted out and by the time I got my batteries out of the detector the spring wire was half gone. So, I sent the detector back in for the same repair again. Wonder what this bill will be?

HH, Ringfinder

1oldsourdoh

Jun 12, 2010
Detector(s) used
minelab xterra 50

"Hello,
I did receive the machine in and I will expedite the repair as quickly as possible…depending on if we need to order a part or not you are probably looking at two weeks ( at least it would not be the thirty working days)…and unfortunately we do not have loaner units.
I will do my best to get it back to you quickly.
Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.
Take care and have a great Holiday weekend.
Regards,

Trina Bonney
Operations Manager
Minelab USA, Inc.
871 Grier Dr. Ste. B-1
Las Vegas, NV 89119
World's Best Metal Detection Technologies
702-891-8809 (office )
702-473-8730 ( direct line )
702-278-2634 ( cell )
702-891-8810 ( Fax )"

the above is a copy of the email i received from the operations manager who is in charge of the new place in Chicago as well as the Vegas facility.
this was received the day my xterra 50 arrived at their facility. this after 4 WEEKS of calling and emailing, trying to get someone to contact me! she finally contacted me and when i told her of the problems i was having, she offered her apologies, saying there was/is a problem with the answering service communicating with them, and said that if i would send the machine to them, she would make sure it was fixed right away! like a sucker i believed her...well she received it on may 27th (i checked the tracking # from ups) and i still have not heard anything from them other than this email. as you can see, she gave me her direct number and her cell number-neither of which has mattered, because she does not answer nor does she return any of my calls! :icon_scratch: (i wonder if i'll even see my machine before the snow flies again?)

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I will be very happy to pay the shipping to my home of any unloved and unwanted Minelabs by any Minelab owner who feels they are no longer worth owning...

I promise to give them a good home, take them for walks, and provide any medical care they may need. :laughing7:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Dennis, I have read all of them several times over on several occasions.

I have owned 5 Minelabs since I started, I still own 4 of them, only one has needed any work done, it has had 2 trips to repair in 2009 and one trip was my fault due to a cracked coil for falling when I stood it up on the side of my van....Both trips were there and back in under 30 days, and communication was not an issue.

I needed to repair a cracked coil on my water-proof Sovereign, which was also my fault, and is an easy splice job.

Minelab is in the middle of major restructuring in manufacturing and repair with the move away from Ireland and the move of the customer service to Illinois. Customer service will be slow now, that is just the way it is, it will get better as the moves are finalized.........

I am not sure why some have trouble communicating with Minelab, I have had no problems at all receiving replies from customer service, marketing, as well as upper management even replying to my emails and including their contact numbers.......

Yes I have 2 excals now, I haven't had to use my backup for anything other then loaning it to a couple family members who was with me....

Treasure_Hunter said:
I will be very happy to pay the shipping to my home of any unloved and unwanted Minelabs by any Minelab owner who feels they are no longer worth owning...

I promise to give them a good home, take them for walks, and provide any medical care they may need. :laughing7:

Notice the icon --> :laughing7: meaning it was made in humor....................

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread