Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found water in my battery pack today. Not happy about it. Owned for 3 years and only in the water about 10 times. Not much deeper than 5 feet. My question is would this batter leak cause any problems to the rest of the detector? I did notice the sound would go on and off the last time out. Any thoughts.

First thing to do is figure out how water is getting in. Are there cracks in the housing? Spider cracks in the wings are not an issue...

Check the case closely looking for spider cracks, look at different angles at it may not appear at one angle but does at another...

Over charging battery can cause battery case to overheat and crack so leaving it on charger and forgetting it can cause damage.

A few drops want cause a problem but a flooded battery compartment or enough to slouch around certainly can as it shorts out the battery wires...

[

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had problems with the alkaline battery pack getting cracks in them but not the rechargeable one. It shouldn't harm the detector itself should the battery short out. What I did to fix my alkaline pod was to coat it in epoxy and just use it for sand and not underwater.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know of one that flooded and screwed up the controls when it shorted out...He had to send it in...

You may be able to buy a new battery pod, Kellyco sells AA battery pods and Minelab repair center replaces bad battery pods, I suggest you call there, I don't know but they may sell you a new battery pod..... I suggest you call Kellyco repair center and ask..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread