Excalibur II

Bumpstick

Jun 1, 2008
Lake Country WI.
Detector(s) used
MineLab/ Excalibur&Exterra705/ Gold Bug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I posted this in another location and need your advice.

I have been looking at the Excalibur II
the flyer's says it is a multi-frequency BBS technology and automatic ground balance make it the ideal machine to work in all beach and underwater environments. Eliminate unwanted trash and still find the treasures other detectors can not. Water proof to 200 feet.

I am curious if this machine will work well as a nugget shooter?

If I jump in the drink :tongue3: it will work tomorrow when I wake up. :thumbsup:

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Excal can work as a nugget shooter, but there are many out there that that are lots better at it than the Excal. The Sov. GT is pretty good at it but a pure Gold detector has the gain to do the job easier and better. My Excal can respond to earring studs and earring backs, but for some reason the 8 inch coil one isn't as hot. Take note that the extra sensitive machines also find bird shot well too.

Your,
If I jump in the drink it will work tomorrow when I wake up.
I take this to mean you want to know if you get it wet, will it work??? :icon_scratch:

OP
OP
Bumpstick

Bumpstick

Jun 1, 2008
Lake Country WI.
Detector(s) used
MineLab/ Excalibur&Exterra705/ Gold Bug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sandman thanks for your input.
I would like an all around detector that I can use under water, in the surf, on the beach, up the stream, in the hills, and on the flats.
:coffee2:

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is no ONE best detector for all locations or types of hunting, just like there is no best gun for all kinds of game. Being a water detector it is on the heavy side for land hunting and there are many lighter ones out there, like the Tesoro's. The use of different types or brand, models gives you the flexablilty to hunt how and where you want without out headaches.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread