Minelab excalibur 1000, CTX 3030
Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What are the settings you use, My Excal goes deep when I use it....

OP
OP
S

stitchlips

Apr 12, 2008
east coast florida
Detector(s) used
Treasure_Hunter said:
What are the settings you use, My Excal goes deep when I use it....

Sens is at around 11-2 oclock depending on condtions. Volume all the way up, threshold just under 12 oclock that seems to be just a slight whisper. Disc on 1.

Does iron just make the threshold go away? So there is no sound. Sometimes it will go silent then just a quick fart sound then silent again and only silent.

Everything I have found has been in the first scoop. The sand shark was sometimes three deep. I also noticed yesterday that I got a signal, dug a hole then nothing in the hole and nothing in the scoop. I went back over the hole still nothing but I scooped again anyway in the hole and now the sand in the scoop sounds off. It was a penny. Maybe it was a fluke.

Also I have read, listen for the subtle changes in threshold so far there hasn't been any. Everything was loud and clear.

I think I just need more time with it and with the sandshark I am used to digging iron, so it seems odd to go for so long and not dig anything.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When it "nulls" on iron you lose the threshold sound completely, it goes totally silent then returns. Be sure to watch out for a "null" then a low tone right after, it will sound off on gold right next to iron..

I have dug holes several scoops deep, and I use the Beach BruteII so it takes real deap wide bites when it digs. I have dug jewelry that was 12+ inches with it using both My Excal and my waterproofed Sovereign GT..

You do always want to keep an ear open for the sutle changes in the threshold, that is the hint of a good target deep..

I know right now the beaches on the East coast of Florida are sanded in pretty bad. Last time I went to Daytona I wa having a hard time even finding poptops .

Good luck and good hunting......

OP
OP
S

stitchlips

Apr 12, 2008
east coast florida
Detector(s) used
Treasure_Hunter said:
When it "nulls" on iron you lose the threshold sound completely, it goes totally silent then returns. Be sure to watch out for a "null" then a low tone right after, it will sound off on gold right next to iron..

I have dug holes several scoops deep, and I use the Beach BruteII so it takes real deap wide bites when it digs. I have dug jewelry that was 12+ inches with it using both My Excal and my waterproofed Sovereign GT..

You do always want to keep an ear open for the sutle changes in the threshold, that is the hint of a good target deep..

I know right now the beaches on the East coast of Florida are sanded in pretty bad. Last time I went to Daytona I wa having a hard time even finding poptops .

Good luck and good hunting......

I have passed some of those silent then low tones up. Sometimes it would repeat the low tone sometimes it would not.

I am just south of Daytona in New smynra and not finding much. I am using the nuttall scoop, it takes a pretty big bite per scoop.

Maybe I just need more time with it.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think your going to find much in New Smyrna it was resanded heavly after some storm damages last spring...... All of that area included Daytona is sanded in pretty bad naturally now. My last hunt that dierection I wasn't even finding many poptops. We need a good storm to hit it with waves from the North East to remove some of the sand...........a good Nor'eastern is what we need..................

Good luck and good hunting.....

Moe (fl)

Jul 25, 2007
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Whites, Tesoro, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had the excal-II for 4 weeks and it goes deeeeeeep! Make sure you swing the coil slow and barely above ground. My arm gets tired of diggin deep targets! I am talking 1 foot easy and 2-3 feet for larger objects.

Happy Hunting!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread