Jesse James

Mar 14, 2012
Lancaster County, PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Last week I had been to a wedding rehearsal on the grounds of an old mansion that dates back to the mid 1700's. After all these years, I'm finally trying to get the nerve to ask private residence permissions. So, while I was there, I went to the office and had a conversation with the owner about my hobby. Luckily it started out great. They had mentioned letting some people hunt their last home, and all the interesting things that were found. So that turned out to be easier than I had expected. The historic description of the property goes to say that the old home has served as a United States post office, a railway ticket office for lines including the Pennsylvania Railroad, and an Inn. Not to mention the multiple families who lived there during the years. I set out a request tonight for a scheduled time to hunt. I'm very excited for this one. I hope to be hunting virgin soil on this one. mansion-63-800x600-1.jpeg ss-history-hunt-679x388.jpeg ss-history-house1-679x388.jpeg

Upvote 0

AusTexDude

Aug 12, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last week I had been to a wedding rehearsal on the grounds of an old mansion that dates back to the mid 1700's. After all these years, I'm finally trying to get the nerve to ask private residence permissions. So, while I was there, I went to the office and had a conversation with the owner about my hobby. Luckily it started out great. They had mentioned letting some people hunt their last home, and all the interesting things that were found. So that turned out to be easier than I had expected. The historic description of the property goes to say that the old home has served as a United States post office, a railway ticket office for lines including the Pennsylvania Railroad, and an Inn. Not to mention the multiple families who lived there during the years. I set out a request tonight for a scheduled time to hunt. I'm very excited for this one. I hope to be hunting virgin soil on this one. View attachment 1598700 View attachment 1598702 View attachment 1598703

Wow that's awesome! I just asked permission of a friend who's house was built in 1794 up in Pennsylvania. I live in Texas now but I grew up in PA and know a ton of history in the area I lived. I plan on visiting next year. You should see this house. Framed with 6x6s and giant wooden dowels that hold them together. The floorboards are like 6 inches wide by 3 inches thick

OP
OP
Jesse James

Jesse James

Mar 14, 2012
Lancaster County, PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's one great thing about living in Pennsylvania and the surrounding states. They have such old history. And it's funny, being so passionate about hunting I'm sure you can relate, seeing those old homes and the feeling you get. Then throwing your detector down to the dirt, priceless. I'm from the Lancaster area.

OP
OP
Jesse James

Jesse James

Mar 14, 2012
Lancaster County, PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Turns out that the owner will not respond back to me about scheduling a time to hunt... Oooook then...

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread