Starting over with new headphones.

BenVa68

Mar 9, 2018
Hopewell va.
Detector(s) used
Technetics T2+ Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Has anyone had this issue before? I ordered new headphones for the T2 (Jolly Roger Ultimate's) and they work great. But... It's almost like I am using a completely different detector. The tones sound totally different from what i'm use to with the Technetics HEADT headphones. They are definitely more comfortable and they pick up the faintest signals but it will take me quite a few hours of using them to re learn the tones. I got so use to the tones with my other headphones that i never even had look at the vdi. I didn't think about this until i was way out in the woods yesterday when i turned the machine on and realized i didn't recognize the tones. I spent 4 hours looking at the screen trying to re learn them.

Upvote 0

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had the same experience with my Grey Ghosts. You did good.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Not to worry, you will in no time learn the new tones. Those are very nice headphones...enjoy. :occasion14:

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Been there, done that. Keep detecting the new phones will become normal pretty quickly.
Luvsdux

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread