Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to the old building site I have been exploring lately.? Right next to an old caved in two story building I was amazed at the size of this cottonwood tree!? I have never seen one this big and I have seen thousands in river bottoms while hunting!? Notice it's almost as big as my pickup at the trunk!? Anyway, I only found an old folding knife.? Didn't hunt long as a brisk north wind was cold! Monty

Attachments

• Rotation of DSC00502.JPG
    Rotation of DSC00502.JPG
    76.5 KB · Views: 384
Upvote 0

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome tree Monty.....but you forgot the pic of the knife!!! ;)

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Excellent find and site...you can go hunt tomorrow as it has now warmed up enough here to dump ten inches of snow on us...our snow drifts will block the wind for you !

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a lot of firewood Monty. You better take it home and beat the heating bill. Don't use the pocket knive to cut it down.

OP
OP
Monty

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Didn't forget the pic of the knife. It is one of those crappy cheap made in Pakistan pieces of junk made of pot metal Didn't even take a pic of it. Monty

rjnail

Nov 25, 2005
Detector(s) used
Excalibur,
looks like a good places to hunt, like to see the knife

OP
OP
Monty

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Besides the knife I found a ton of old cooking utensils, all bent up and buried about a foot down! My ACE was showing them at 8" but that's as deep as the a ACE scale goes! I needed a shovel to dig them up but I was able to dig enugh of a couple of them up to tell what they were. Some of it looked like old white porcelean covered cooking range parts? This building had a juice joint/ bootlegger/cafe downstairs and ho' house upstairs at one time. When I was a teenager I made some spending money selling 'possums to the cafe. Would take 'em to the back door and get a dollar apiece for them! They had to be live, no road kill allowed! My 2500 is in the shop , will go back when It is returned. Monty

OP
OP
Monty

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 'possums I sold them was a lot more attractive than the 'possum they had in house! ;) Monty

rabajohn

Aug 10, 2005
Woodlawn, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 & ole Tesoro Silver Sabre
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Man! The NERVE of somebody losing such a lousy knife for someone to dig and have to deal with! Whoever dropped it should have thrown a quarter down on the ground with it. Consider it a "detectorist handling fee." ;D

OP
OP
Monty

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My feelings exactly. And that reminds me of a story...and what don't? A friend of mine said he dropped a dime in the urinal at the mens room. Said he had to throw a quarter in so it would be worth it to reach in there and get it! Montyi

Dirtfishin

Dec 3, 2005
Southern Tier NY (temp)
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace100 (my first one)
White's Surf Pro PI
Nokta Legend
Monty said:
My feelings exactly.? And that reminds me of a story...and what don't? A friend of mine said he dropped a dime in the urinal at the mens room.? Said he had to throw a quarter in so it would be worth it to reach in there and get it!? Montyi

EWWWWWW!!!!!! :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread