Explain your USERNAME and AVATAR on this thread...

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello folks, many of us have very creative usernames. I thought since I was not doing nothing right now, it would be nice to see why some people chose their usernames on here.

I'll start off.

Many people think that I am from Buffalo, NY. I am not from Buffalo, NY.

I chose this username because when I was a young boy, probrably 5 or 6, my grandfather gave me a few coins, and in them, some dateless buffalo nickels. I thought that the buffalo nickel was the most interesting coin, and I started collecting them.

Needless to say, buffalo nickels with no date are only worth face value, maybe add a penny or two.

The buffalo nickel still remains my favorite coin to collect, plus, who knows what goodies you can find in nickel boxes...

Last edited:
Upvote 3

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
So how's CRH dimes without opposable thumbs? :)

CATS THUMBS.png

Rustystcloud

Oct 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello all. First before I reveal the breakdown of my username I want to say thanks to everyone for all the great insight and making this site a positive experience. So whether you drink a beer or drink a soda cheers everyone!

Rustystcloud. Here is the easy break down. My last name is Very close to Rusty so naturally I just acquired the nickname and it stuck since I can remember. As far as St. Cloud comes into play..... I graduated from St. Cloud state university in Minnesota. Since then I have moved to West coast but still use this username for most of my forums ect ect.

Glad to meet a lot of you and look forward in sharing many many many more successes and strategies.

Tejaas

Sep 8, 2012
TX Hill Country
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO ~ Propointer ~ Modified Lesche ~ Predator Little Eagle ~ Royal Picks ~ Marshalltown Trowels ~ Sift Tables/Screens
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My profile picture is my cattle brand... Registered (and current) in 27 counties in Texas.

There are very few things I own that do not wear the brand.

My username is my nickname I've always gone by.

I am a 7th generation Texan, and am awful proud of Texas... Or "Tejas".

Combine that with my last name - "Haas" (pronounced "Hoss")...

And ya get "TEJAAS"... My nickname with a twist on the spelling.

It was also my call sign while a door gunner and crew chief in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Attachments

• image-2055076293.png
    image-2055076293.png
    438.3 KB · Views: 102
  • image-2347431397.png
    image-2347431397.png
    438.6 KB · Views: 97
  • image-1896906297.png
    image-1896906297.png
    474 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:

BRChiver

Oct 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My profile picture is my cattle brand... Registered (and current) in 27 counties in Texas.

There are very few things I own that do not wear the brand.

My username is my nickname I've always gone by.

I am a 7th generation Texan, and am awful proud of Texas... Or "Tejas".

Combine that with my last name - "Haas" (pronounced "Hoss")...

And ya get "TEJAAS"... My nickname with a twist on the spelling.

It was also my call sign while a door gunner and crew chief in Iraq and Afghanistan.
Tejaas,
Honored to meet the person behind the brand. I come from a long line of Texans and have seen it multiple times. Good luck on your ventures!
HH!
BRChiver

Tejaas

Sep 8, 2012
TX Hill Country
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO ~ Propointer ~ Modified Lesche ~ Predator Little Eagle ~ Royal Picks ~ Marshalltown Trowels ~ Sift Tables/Screens
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Tejaas, Honored to meet the person behind the brand. I come from a long line of Texans and have seen it multiple times. Good luck on your ventures! HH! BRChiver

Likewise, BRChiver!

BRChiver

Oct 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Everyone,
Here is a breakdown of my user name, BRChiver.
BR is for the city I live in, Baton Rouge, LA.
Chiver comes from a group of people I am honored to be associated with that do their best to make a positive difference in the world and also have a great time while doing it (having a couple drinks!) IE.. Raised 155,000 for a victim of Aurora, Colorado and also over $250,000 for a Navy EOD who had a 4 limb amputation while serving in Afghanistan. We would give the shirts off our back for someone in need and I'm proud to be part of this group of awesome folks. KCCO
HH!
BRChiver

dasabighole

Sep 11, 2006
North Alabama
Detector(s) used
Nautilus / Tesoro/T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CENTS YEW AXED!! I was diggin a well At the corner of Chatham Pkwy and US 17 behind McDonalds looking for bottles etc. I was about 10 ' down passing dirt up in 5 gal. buckets. Then a gentleman of colour staggered up brandishig a bottle of Muscatell. He stood there looking down at me saying, Main wut yew durin in dat ho? Dam DASABIGHOLE!!!!! So my partners in dirt started callin me DASABIGHOLE. AND HEE I IZ !!!!

mineralized_miner

Dec 2, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster GT
Fisher F2
Bounty Hunter Discovery 1100
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mineralized because I hunt in maryland's clay, dyed red with iron+ and miner because I like finding things from the ground.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My avatar is me holding the famous/infamous Horse/Priest Stone. One of the Stone Maps (alleged treasure maps of the Superstition Mts) at the Superstition Mountain Museum (Superstition Mountain in the background).

8goq.jpg

My name is a bit more complicated. You don't get it from the movies, but if you read the Lord of the Rings BOOKS, you find that Gollum was always trying to find truths. The reason he wound up where he did was not because he was chased there. He surmised that the truth of all things must be at the root of the greatest mountains, so he went underground! THAT is why he so deep down in the caves. So, not only do I look for the truth of all things, I also hunt old Spanish Mines in the desert and mountains so .................. Gollum.

OH, and I usually end my posts with "Best - Mike" That doesn't mean "I'm the best", it means "Best Wishes" (just a lazy typist at times).

Best - Mike

Last edited:

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
My avatar is me holding the famous/infamous Horse/Priest Stone. One of the Stone Maps (alleged treasure maps of the Superstition Mts) at the Superstition Mountain Museum (Superstition Mountain in the background).

View attachment 912333

My name is a bit more complicated. You don't get it from the movies, but if you read the Lord of the Rings BOOKS, you find that Gollum was always trying to find truths. The reason he wound up where he did was not because he was chased there. He surmised that the truth of all things must be at the root of the greatest mountains, so he went underground! THAT is why he so deep down in the caves. So, not only do I look for the truth of all things, I also hunt old Spanish Mines in the desert and mountains so .................. Gollum.

OH, and I usually end my posts with "Best - Mike" That doesn't mean "I'm the best", it means "Best Wishes" (just a lazy typist at times).

Best - Mike

I'm sorry if I'm confusing you with the wrong mike, but I knew a guy who knew a guy named mike. Looked just like you except the goatee. Last I heard he went to Belize, your last name does not start with an E by any chance does it?

Eddie Current

May 17, 2011
Flooorida
Detector(s) used
CTX /AT Pro / Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I thought it would be funny to use the term that describes the current induced in an artifact by the metal detector... kinda geeky I admit

gravityrules

Feb 20, 2012
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, Fisher F5, Fisher 1265-X, Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seriously, it started on a roller coaster forum ...

10claw

Aug 16, 2009
35 years of carpentry work and i still have all 10 fingers. SSOOOO 10claw on the forum and my e-mail ---
------ tenclawz -----
i have seen several carpenters with as many as 3 missing plus palm cuts.

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I'am from Oregon....and I come from Norman ancestry.
My grandmothers family did a detailed ancestry search...Viking!!
frank_frazetta_warrior (479x640).jpg

Last edited:

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
User name? In 1971 I started talking on CB radio and needed a 'handle'. I was a Texan from birth 'til 2007. My hair (what's left) is red. So, texasred. When I started using the internet, texasred, texasred7, and texasred77 was in use. So, liking the idea of triple '7s' (slots) started using it and still do. No, I did not think about Texas Red, the outlaw in the song "Big Iron" that Marty Robins sang until a few days later. Avatar? I don't remember where I found the 'Strut'n' image and title a couple of years ago. I'm 71 and sometimes feel about like the rooster looks!

bertmaster2000

Dec 19, 2013
Northern US
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a wonderful male yellow lab named Bert back in 2000 (may he RIP), and I was his master = bertmaster2000. Thankfully, I now have a "new" and even more wonderful yellow lab, but his name is Boo. He is 120 pounds of pure muscle and 100% loyal to me...BUT, I won't be changing my username :laughing7:

Oh, and my avatar is a pic of the results of my and a friend of mine's best day of metal detecting gold nuggets.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread