exploration discovery good investment?

Jan 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i would like to get into treasure hunting. i hope to go to university to study history and language. i am getting into diving to. i found this (The CoDiscovery Experience (Canceled) by Marc Geriene ? Kickstarter) and it seems exciting. it says canceled though but their facebook says they are relauncing soon. would this be worth investing in or being apart of to get some experience first hand? has anyone done something like this? --jeremy

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not like that. That is more of a virtual treasure hunt. Go to school and hunt real treasures. I would not invest in something like this. Go check out the forums here and you will see real treasure hunters and you can learn from them.
Welcome to t-net.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you would be better off investing in some diving lessons from a reputable shop that you could take while still continuing your studies. I wouldn't invest in something over the internet and this site in particular seems a bit questionable.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
The best place to learn history isnt in school or a uni.Why pay thousands to learn something thats basically your history professors opinion and not the truth.I cant tell you how many history teacher Ive had that Ive come to find out were full of B.S.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
welcome !

I hope you didn't invest in that !
as per that link,
Funding was Canceled for that project by the project creator on November 16.

and I'd say even if they relaunch , beware

Last edited:

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Welcome to Treasure Net,
First, set aside funds or have a cash flow sufficient to pay for your education.
Discretionary funds can then be used for diving and other adventures.
Create a checklist of the minimum characteristics required to have even a chance of success with a treasure hunting syndicator.
Don....

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome!
Don't invest in something you haven't thoroughly checked out. Get your education, learn to dive, get a decent job. You can learn to TH while you are doing all those things.
If you have ever found money laying on the ground and picked it up, you were TH'ing, you just didn't know it.
You need to educate yourself on TH'ing, start slow and learn as you go.
As they have already said there are a lot of knowledgable and experienced TH'ers here on T Net. GL & HH!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread