Explorer SE vs. E-trac which one to buy and why?

VMI99

Mar 24, 2011
I've been metal detecting for about 7 years and I'm getting that itch to try something new. I've heard lots of good things about the Minelab products and specifically the two referenced above. I'm not worried about a learning curve or the cost or either machine.

To give a little back ground, I'm from Norfolk Va and enjoy hunting the parks, farm fields, woods beaches in the area. I currently use a Fisher CZ-3D and a Whites Beach Hunter.

Any advise, recommendations or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Respectfully,

Matt

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well, if You're realy not worried about a learning curve or the cost of either machine, Go with the E-trac

The extra settings seem to be well worth the Extra cost
to those who use them.

treasurehound

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2008
Morristown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Based on your info I would go with the E-trac and wouldn't look back. You will not be disappointed.

stasys

Jun 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
minelab explorer xs
Etrac is the same like explorer just better ID if you like to look screen and at least twice faster with discrimination. without discrimination faster a bit too. and what you get in the end a bit cheaper compared with explorer.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The E-Trac is easier to learn, faster and the Auto + 1,2,3 are awesome. Holler if I can help with any questions or for a great deal!

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Trust me, you will be happy with the Etrac. Give me a shout if you need any help. We sell a ton of them here.

We have the best deals over any one here, plus I have over 5,000 hours on mine. I offer a free tutorial and phone setup. We are opened 7 days a week, and members of the Better Business Bureau.

You can call us toll free 7 days

855-966-3563

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread