47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is situation...

The etrac arrived from Mike at Woodlands on Thursday. I'm in Ocean City MD today. Going to give the boardwalk reconstruction project a stab. I have not had a chance to do much more than turn the thing on. Mike recommended to set the machine to auto+3. Any other suggestions.

Will tones sound different in sand than they do in dirt?

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I love Auto +3. I run coins mode with top right put back in. Just noise cancel and go! Listen for good solid repeatable signals. Be sure to get Andy Sabish book on the E-Trac and a couple highlighters. You will need them! lol

Tones will be the same anywhere.

You got yourself a awesome machine!

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The reason I want the new users to use the +3 settings in the beginning, is to be able to use the machine at it's smoothest sensitivity settings. I suggest running in +3 until one is comfortable with the sounds and machines ability to run very quiet not to discourage them. After you feel comfortable with using machine in this setting, then you can get aggressive with Manual sensitivity, bumping it up to 24-28. The machine will get unstable at this point, but will gain better depth to reach the deep targets.

Good luck!

Thank you for purchasing your machine through us. Again, we are open 7 days a week if you ever need help.

Toll Free
855-966-3563

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread