Exploring New Site - Lots of Potential

burlington

Apr 9, 2009
Colorado
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Started exploring new site, showing great potential. Two large hay fields on the edge of town, several homes in the area from the late 1800's. Some of the better finds include a 1902 Indian Head penny, "National Sportsman" watch FOB, small padlock from the Eagle Lock Co. w/key, old ring, South Carolina Drivers License issued 1941, Silver Music badge and a couple of "what is its". Sending the "what is its" to the proper forum for identification. Exploring new properties is always exciting and full of wonder. Thanks for looking and Happy Hunting.

Attachments

• Leesville 001.JPG
    Leesville 001.JPG
    66.1 KB · Views: 519
  • Leesville 002.JPG
    Leesville 002.JPG
    74.7 KB · Views: 518
  • Leesville 006.JPG
    Leesville 006.JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 515
  • Leesville 007.JPG
    Leesville 007.JPG
    57.7 KB · Views: 519
Upvote 0

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
Looks like that place has some great potential. I really like the watch fob and music badge.
Dman

Knightwalker

Jan 12, 2009
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack Discovery 3000, Fisher F22, Garrett PinPointer
Some very interesting finds you got there. Keep a checking, sounds like there should be more good stuff.
HH
Knightwalker

hikermike

Dec 16, 2004
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2
Very nice! :thumbsup: From one good spot to another. Looks like those fields are going to put out some killer finds! :thumbsup:
Nice indian and watch fob, but the music badge is really sweet! Keep it up man!

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Nice finds,

Looks like it has great potential. I'll bet your gonna find some more out there.

HH Jer

elusion

Oct 11, 2005
SE, MI
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, Explorer II, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Did you find the padlock and key in the same hole? That is so cool... Love the badge too

OP
OP
B

burlington

Apr 9, 2009
Colorado
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
The padlock and the key were both in the same hole. I found the key first, it was attached to small clip. When I scanned the hole again, I found the lock. The badge appears to be silver, it came out of the ground in the same condition as the photo. There is an old college building about 1/4 mile away. I am trying to find old maps of the area to learn more and point me in the right direction. This land owner has given me permission to hunt all of his properties, still finding more land in his name on GIS. I have located the relatives of the drivers license, now to contact them and return it to the family.

T

TreasurdiggrNY

Congrats on the finds, I like that fob you got :thumbsup: Can't wait to see more from the new spot.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread