extra 200 dollars for social security ?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No new news, so far has not passed congress.

FYI, any political comments posted on thread will be deleted.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My bad.
I deleted my post as it mentioned too much for general threads.

You were fine, your post was there when I posted and it didnt violate our rules, my comment was for future posts.

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, it makes me nuts that all the folks out of work get huge unemployment benefits yet those of us who depend on social security get nothing. Prices on most things like food, fuel, and clothing have all gone up during the pandemic making it harder to live on a fixed income. Ditto all the renters get relief yet we homeowners get no relief on our property taxes. New York just announced a couple billion in aid to renters, nothing for homeowners on fixed income. Of course our property taxes are helping fund the renters' relief and the landlords hence get their money.

Last edited:

metrotec

Jan 5, 2020
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites, Radio Shack, Metrotec, peach tree fork
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tee totaly agree with gunsil.The gov.wants to put the breaks on the middle class (home owners). remember 2008 when a L O T people lost their homes? gonna happen again.
In your home town, when the payroll companies, (top 5 ) give their employees a raise, all of your products also go up. Maybe just a few cents, but multiply that times 100 products, and the average worker gets left behind. Cost $20 more per fill-up at your local gas station, than last year.
My bees are a working, my freezer is full of wild meat/fish, and the garden is growing, and I have lotsa toilet paper. splittin' a hog and cow with neighbor. a great woman and dog by my side, life is GOOD
as far as SS. I was in business for my self and I put in MORE than required, betting I would live past 65, and it has worked out GREAT

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I tee totaly agree with gunsil.The gov.wants to put the breaks on the middle class (home owners). remember 2008 when a L O T people lost their homes? gonna happen again.
In your home town, when the payroll companies, (top 5 ) give their employees a raise, all of your products also go up. Maybe just a few cents, but multiply that times 100 products, and the average worker gets left behind. Cost $20 more per fill-up at your local gas station, than last year.
My bees are a working, my freezer is full of wild meat/fish, and the garden is growing, and I have lotsa toilet paper. splittin' a hog and cow with neighbor. a great woman and dog by my side, life is GOOD
as far as SS. I was in business for my self and I put in MORE than required, betting I would live past 65, and it has worked out GREAT

Congrats. You made it happen.

How do you work out the split with the neighbor?
I tried when I was raising critters on a split with a former neighbor. I proposed that I would take care of the front ends if he would take care of the back ends. L.o.l..

BH505Man

Nov 18, 2013
Granite Falls, WA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, 6",11" coils, Teknetics T2SE,&T2 Classic, 5", CORS Fortune 5.5x9.5", 11", CORS Strike 12x13", 15"coils, Legacy 3500, 4", 8",10" & 11"DD coils, Lesche digging Knife, Lesche T Handle Shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can skin a buck and run a trot line and a country boy can survive...

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I can skin a buck and run a trot line and a country boy can survive...

I haven't hunted or trapped in over 20 years, but it don't mean
that I can't still do so, if needed. Unfortunately, most of these folks
don't live in our kind of environment. We've got elk, deer and salmon
right in our backyards, but for many it's a long days travel to find a
place to hunt.

Haven't been to GF in several years..my old trapping partner lived there.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I’m 58, retired and have zero income, I support a family of four. Currently living off savings. Still have teens living at home so it’ll help getting that govt check coming monthly.

Edit: I mean the govt child care check, not SS.

Last edited:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As I'm turning 66 next week, I know am beginning to understand why my uncle who died in 2010 at 86 always thought he would wind up living on the streets and would be penniless. He never lived on the streets and had a 7 figure estate when he died.

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't depend on the Government for anything. My brother owns 240 acres. I depend on myself to know how to hunt, fish, gather berries and mushrooms etc. The day you depend on the Government to take care of you, is the day your soul will die. I am talking about Welfare, not Social Security. I realize some people need Social Security to survive, and they should get it. We pay into it all of our working lives. There are way to many people on welfare, sucking this country dry.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't depend on the Government for anything. My brother owns 240 acres. I depend on myself to know how to hunt, fish, gather berries and mushrooms etc. The day you depend on the Government to take care of you, is the day your soul will die. I am talking about Welfare, not Social Security. I realize some people need Social Security to survive, and they should get it. We pay into it all of our working lives. There are way to many people on welfare, sucking this country dry.
It’s not social welfare that’s sucking this country dry.

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've heard nothing about a $200 raise in SS. This year the government threw me a $20 raise in my SS which amounts to a very small pile of crumbs.

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I read that nearly 50% of working age people are not working but on some sort of federal assistance. That was not including unemployment.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread