extra 200 dollars for social security ?

orgwayne

Greenie
Mar 31, 2014
philomath
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT/ Garrett Pro-Pointer, won Pointer at Gold show in Roseburg Oregon 2014
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
SS payment

Do not retire early !! go the full time for retirement and you get that extra 200.00 a month, I retired early
and my brother went the full time ,:BangHead:gets 200 a month more then me , I know , I know You want out , but you lose in the end
Have 2 ex Son -In -Laws both have drug problems , one PST , motor pool so tough on him in Iraq !! other one snorted
the white stuff , had a stroke , both kicked out of the Marines, and both make more then I do on SS after 20 years working for the state I live in
Wayne

Last edited by a moderator:

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do not retire early !! go the full time for retirement and you get that extra 200.00 a month, I retired early
and my brother went the full time ,:BangHead:gets 200 a month more then me , I know , I know You want out , but you lose in the end
Have 2 ex Son -In -Laws both have drug problems , one PST , motor pool so tough on him in Iraq !! other one snorted
the white stuff , had a stroke , both kicked out of the Marines, and both make more then I do on SS after 20 years working for the state I live in
Wayne

What if you try to get full benefits and pass on before you can collect?

OP
OP

Bronze Member
May 26, 2011
tujunga ca
Detector(s) used
xlt mxt gmz and now a gmt whites
so where does the money go that you dont claim? if you wait for 3 years you are down about 55 thousand dollars before you get started,

Last edited:

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I read that nearly 50% of working age people are not working but on some sort of federal assistance. That was not including unemployment.
I just read that 70% of adults receiving Medicaid are working full time. Huge corporations such as Walmart and McD’s take Fed welfare and pay peasant wages. And who of us refused our stimmy checks?

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to full benefits this year and they didn't say anything about $200 extra. They said if I keep working which I am, it would go up next year. One good thing is since I put off applying, they gave me back pay for the months after I became fully eligible, which was a pretty good check.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The $200 was not included in the last covid stimulus package, I don't see it coming, when they were talking about it, it was talked about being part of the stimulus.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I'd like to see that happen, Treasure Hunter. Not so much in my case cause I'm good for a few more years anyway, but I see folks that $200 extra would make a lot of difference.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I'd like to see that happen, Treasure Hunter. Not so much in my case cause I'm good for a few more years anyway, but I see folks that $200 extra would make a lot of difference.

I agree, but I don't think we will see it. Since this is the general forum and not politics forum I can't really go into it.

augoldminer

Jan 7, 2013
high desert goldfields
Detector(s) used
gold master V-sat
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As long as i can do hobo duck and goose fishing, i always can get meat.

take a weight and some fishing line and a trible hook and rig it with a dough ball just about 3 inches underwater.
when the duck or goose grabs the dough ball and gets hooked they drown and you can retrive them.

Flipperfla

Dec 2, 2018
Fl.
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, it makes me nuts that all the folks out of work get huge unemployment benefits yet those of us who depend on social security get nothing. Prices on most things like food, fuel, and clothing have all gone up during the pandemic making it harder to live on a fixed income. Ditto all the renters get relief yet we homeowners get no relief on our property taxes. New York just announced a couple billion in aid to renters, nothing for homeowners on fixed income. Of course our property taxes are helping fund the renters' relief and the landlords hence get their money.

Still getting your SS check? Stimulus checks?Is that nothing? So whats the problem? Those folks need help. Lost their jobs through no fault of their own, probably lose their cars and homes, financially screwed for years if not decades.Not enough? Maybe people shouldnt have retired up to their necks in debt. My SS check is my spending money for the month. My few bills are paid with the money I SAVED for retirement. Life is good!
IMO anyone expecting to live off their SS going into retirement with any kind of dept, car, house, credit cards is going to have a very hard time. Working hard and becoming dept free was the best decision I ever made.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still getting your SS check? Stimulus checks?Is that nothing? So whats the problem? Those folks need help. Lost their jobs through no fault of their own, probably lose their cars and homes, financially screwed for years if not decades.Not enough? Maybe people shouldnt have retired up to their necks in debt. My SS check is my spending money for the month. My few bills are paid with the money I SAVED for retirement. Life is good!
IMO anyone expecting to live off their SS going into retirement with any kind of dept, car, house, credit cards is going to have a very hard time. Working hard and becoming dept free was the best decision I ever made.

There are jobs out there, problem is too many people got use to the unemployment being boosted by the federal stimulus for unemployment and now refuse to go back to work for anything less than $15 an hour. I see their posts on unemployment pages on FB all the time. You can use the same synopsis you used on people on SS on the people laid off, why didn't they have savings for an emergency?

It is estimated that 40% of the people on SS rely on SS alone for their living expenses.

Last edited:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
As long as i can do hobo duck and goose fishing, i always can get meat.

take a weight and some fishing line and a trible hook and rig it with a dough ball just about 3 inches underwater.
when the duck or goose grabs the dough ball and gets hooked they drown and you can retrive them.

Hmmm.
Why do I have visions of a guy flying a goose like a kite? L.o.l..
The pelicans I watched with assorted tackle stuck in thier bills didn't drown either.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am 79 years old with serious mental problems and very hard to find and hold jobs. I was on state welfare for many years before I sign up for SS & SSI. My monthly income is less then $800.00 per month and food stamps around one hundred ninety dollars. Rent 30% of income. I had graduated from high school and from HCC in Bridgeport, Ct in 1981 majoring in Accounting. I live on my income, do not drink or do drugs including POT. I had a very hard life being harass and insulted because of my speech problems. I do my best to live on my means and hope you all do the same as me; God bless.

Johnnybravo300

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2016
South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
Detector(s) used
F2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My wifes niece with 3 illigtimate kids, no baby daddy and totally supported by the state has gotten over 20k with all these free handouts. Not the best way to spend tax dollars I dont think and shes blown every penny. Why would they want to reward bad behavior.
I guess it's part of the plan and for votes maybe, like always haha.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread