Extreme relic hunting 103 tempt today

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
John and I got a Early start, trying to beat the heat! We met up early and got out to a spot to hunt, only problem was I locked my keys up in the suburban! I thought to myself oh no problem I carry a spare with me in my billfold. But just as quickly I realized that i put my wallet in the console so I wouldn't loose it hunting today.
As luck would have it I noticed a chain link fence near so I appropriated a long piece of wire and snagged my keys and got them through the crack I left in the windows. Time spent getting keys back, about 5 minutes! We were pretty lucky there.
We were hunting for awhile and found a couple bullets and decided to try another spot John had been pondering about. We made it to the area and drove up the driveway and knocked on the Door 3 times. Just as I was walking off the land owner opened a window and said hello.
We got permission and while on the way to his field we noticed a const. site. I stopped and talked to the const, mgr. He was really nice and gave permission for us to check the site. I told him I would give a bullet if I found one. I took 3 steps dug the first signal and it was a dropped 3 ringer. I turned around and handed it to him as he looked at me in astonishment!
From that point on he was saying he had lots of places for us to hunt and to just call anytime. We hunted the area and found 3 buttons and several drops. We moved onto the spot we were originally heading to. And by the way it was only 103 today!
We climbed up a steep hill to look for a picket but only found fired rounds. All in all it was a great day and I probably lost 5 or 6 lbs. It really needs to rain here badly, the ground is so hard to dig. John, thanks for going and it was a fun! Good hunting to you all. Tim

Attachments

• new_8-14-07 finds Tim and John Lowe.jpg
    new_8-14-07 finds Tim and John Lowe.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 443
  • new_const. site.jpg
    new_const. site.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 439
  • new_tims finds 8-14-07.jpg
    new_tims finds 8-14-07.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 446
  • new_buttons finds 8-14-07.jpg
    new_buttons finds 8-14-07.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 446
  • new_69 in dirt 2.jpg
    new_69 in dirt 2.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 448
  • new_8-14-07 eagle button.jpg
    new_8-14-07 eagle button.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 443
Upvote 0

Johnny Cache Hunter

Oct 16, 2006
North America
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox, White's Spectra V3, Minelab Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great story with some nice pictures to go along with it, thanks!

Congratulations on all your finds!

Hope you kept well hydrated in that kind of heat, heat stroke is no joke.

Happy Hunting,

JCH

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Glad to see another die hard out in this heat! Great finds and remember to drink that water! Nice job on getting two hunting sites permission !

Ridley

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2004
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SLII and the E series DFX and the Minelab ExplorerII
Great job!
This whole summer has been too dry, but it gets to the point where you just have to hunt anyway.

Congratulations on beating the elements and recovering those killer relics!

Ridley

ashleen

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2005
NH
tsgman said:
I told him I would give a bullet if I found one. I took 3 steps dug the first signal and it was a dropped 3 ringer. I turned around and handed it to him as he looked at me in astonishment!

How cool is that 8) ??? 8)

Congrats on those finds.
...mind the heat, now!

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Man DEDICATED I really like people who are dedicated! Stay hydrated. Some nice three ringers, eagle buttons....I see a kepi buckle as well and some flat buttons...I'd Say a HECK of a day ;) Great finds, especially in this heat wave!!

John (Ma)

Silver Member
Jul 12, 2007
Western Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000, Tesoro Silver Umax, Tiger Shark and Whites MXT.
Well, the heat is never to much fun, but you have some excellent finds there that make it a little better.

Green1

Silver Member
Mar 20, 2006
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Mxt 6x10 coil Massachusetts
dude,, that's awesome !!! i'm doin the same thing,, the dance with the excavator and front end loader !!!! nothing like saving a little history b4 it's buried 4 ever !!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

all the best to ya !!!

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice post and finds TSG! Now you can go cool off in the pool with a cold one. HH, Mike

B

Brush Creek

Don't say pool. My wife is pushing me to get her a pool. and for me to take care of it.

Attachments

• Pool.jpg
    Pool.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 236
OP
OP
tsgman

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bavaria Mike said:
Nice post and finds TSG! Now you can go cool off in the pool with a cold one. HH, Mike

Mike, that is exactly what I did when I got home. But as tough as it was yesterday was easier than the rock sidewalk and two tons of gravel I put around my pool the weekend before. I started the sidewalk on Sat. and finished it Sun. morning. Stay cool!

Attachments

• new_unfinished patio area.jpg
    new_unfinished patio area.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 197
  • new_finished walk 3.jpg
    new_finished walk 3.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 197
  • new_finished walk 2.jpg
    new_finished walk 2.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 194
  • new_walkway finished 1.jpg
    new_walkway finished 1.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 185

Treasuredawg

Mar 19, 2006
Northern Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Exployer II, Xterra 30
tsgman, are you the guy from Seymour that works at the school....I can't remember!! I guess part of maturing (aging). Nice finds....I live just south of you in AR (Mtn Home) and would enjoy joining you for a hunt sometime. Let's wait for it to cool down a bit....I'm not as brave as you are. Would love to find some CW relics. Not many places around here that had CW action. Just let me know. treasuredawg

OP
OP
tsgman

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasuredawg said:
tsgman, are you the guy from Seymour that works at the school....I can't remember!! I guess part of maturing (aging). Nice finds....I live just south of you in AR (Mtn Home) and would enjoy joining you for a hunt sometime. Let's wait for it to cool down a bit....I'm not as brave as you are. Would love to find some CW relics. Not many places around here that had CW action. Just let me know. treasuredawg

Nope thats not me, but you know there were hundreds of undocumented camps all over. I bet you would be surprised what may be undiscovered and pretty close to you. Follow the old roads and water holes and you won't be dissapointed! I have a buddy down in Cane Hill who finds relics like that as well!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread