Eyeball for Treasure

FLauthor

Aug 22, 2004
Minneola, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 800; Fisher F5; White Beachmaster VLF
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I was out fishing in my kayak last week at Merritt Island. It wasn't that great just a couple of undersized seatrout and about 8 Hardhead catfish. :( As I was paddling back to the kayak launch ramp, I spied a cast net in the shallows. :o The area is infested with manatees so I retrieved the cast net so a manatee or any other sealife wouldn't get tangled up in it. Some sportsmen have no consideration when discarding an old net.
I figure to salvage the nylon rope and lead weights off it but after I got it to shore realized, it was a nearly new net called a Super Spreader Series 1000, 3/8" mesh and 6 feet long, retails for $55.00. ;D It had a 3 foot tear in one side but after a search on the internet, I found instructions on how to repair the net. After a few hours of tying and adding some small zip ties to reinforce the repair job. I picked up the net, gathered the folds and tossed a perfect cast circle. :thumbsup: Super Spreader has a Story of the Month on their website and I entered how I found and repaired their net. Grand prize is up to a $100.00 cast net which if I win will be a 5/8" mesh Mullet Net. Perfect for those days when TH'ing is slow but I can still bring home the Mullet for a fish fry. :wink:

Attachments

• MVC-001S.JPG
    MVC-001S.JPG
    37.1 KB · Views: 494
Upvote 0

islandchips

Apr 8, 2006
Oahu, Hawaii
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Minelab Excal 800,Excal2, Barracuda,White's Dual Field
Aloha good job in picking up the net. I hope you win the prize.
HH Paul

Maui Mike

May 26, 2008
WTG! you scored a nice throw net!.. My brother in-law uses his all he time .... and good luck on the entry...
shaka Mikey :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread