Eyeclops impression

GYirga

Mar 11, 2006
Santa was nice enough to leave me and my son a EyeClops for Christmas. If you have not heard about this it is a "toy" that you plug into the video in on any TV and it lets you magnify items 200x and shows them on the screen. Isn't technology wonderful? A device like this was out of everyones reach except high dollar research labs and now you can get them at your local Whatever Mart for pocket change.

First impression is it an excellent job magnifying and gives a clear image on the screen. Carpet looks like coral, blue jeans look like large cables weaved together and hair looks like wire rod. WOW!! Bad news is it is really sensitive and hard to hold in focus on items that wont lay flat. I think with a little tinkering I can figure out a way to hold the Eyeclops, the item or both so you can move and control for best focus. If I ever come up with a way to do this I will share it if you all want the info.

All in all a pretty cool tool that may help you identify your items if your eyes are getting like mine. And if that does not work you can use it to entertain, or scare everyone and show them what is really on their skin, clothes or in the water they are drinking.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds intreasting. Can you run it through a Computer & Download ?

OP
OP
GYirga

GYirga

Mar 11, 2006
I don't think you can run it direct to a computer due to the cable hook up needed. I bet you could run to your TV then to your computer to download images though.

garyf

Jul 10, 2007
Michigan
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 70
My grandson got one also. He's not quite 6 years old and it is really tough for him to focus. Actually, it's really tough for me to focus, too. But it's also really cool.

The only connection I saw on it was a video connector to attach to a television video input. So I assume you could connect to a computer if you have a video input.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread