teverly

Mar 4, 2007
central ohio
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E TRAC x 2 xp deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
incidental.
You will find them when digging targets sometimes or if it is a teardown area where dirt has been pushed around you eyeball them...

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
It's a great "on-the-side" eyeball find...

You're already focused on the ground right in front of you... so chances are better you'll see stuff like that.

And you'll dig them too... they were with the coins also being lost from pockets. :)

I think they are great little suprises... and some are more valuable then the coins buried with them!

kindafoundabuckle

Dec 9, 2006
In bed at the moment
Detector(s) used
Dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have eyeballed a few over the years. I still cant believe I have not found an arrow head while digging. Found many pieces of flint chips but never a point.

KFB

OP
OP
TooManyHobbies

TooManyHobbies

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2007
CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,
DetectorPro HH Underwater
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is there any relationship with marbles and old coins? Or marbles and clad? Meaning do you typically find coins after eyeballing marbles, instead of finding marbles with coins.

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I carried marbles in my pocket as a kid. Same place if I had money then...which I normally didnt have...but think about it...pull your marbles out to play..a dime falls out unnoticed....a marble rolls to the grass unfound...

I bought a house once and when digging for a garden I found all kinds of marbles. Turns out the previous owner, when he was a kid, had a shanty built there where they played marbles. He got a good kick out of me finding them. Still got em 25 years later, lol
Al

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE
Yes, seeing marbles is an indicator that silver coins might be in the area, same as with wheats being a silver indicator.

OP
OP
TooManyHobbies

TooManyHobbies

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2007
CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,
DetectorPro HH Underwater
Primary Interest: