longsocks

longsocks

Oct 17, 2005
Wisconsin -south of milwaukee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 --- FISHER F - 70 Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It seems to be a real quarter killer , but i do have trouble with the dime tone.. depending on what the penny is made up of its sings out as a dime lots of times.. I still have lots to learn yet about this critter.. Not an easy machine, but i do like it .. I better say tho that all that I found with it tho, that I was out there early before the 40 other people had hit the places I was at.. It was also 90% luck too..

Sky Pilot

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Tellico Plains, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Several Fisher, Tesoro, White's and Garrett's
You sure were right, Paul! You simply decimated the coin population at that site! :thumbsup: Congratulations on a job well done! Regards, Richard

OP
OP
longsocks

longsocks

Oct 17, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Richard... didnt do too well today rain all day i got out for 45 min here and there only got 2 bucks in change .. suppose to have rain tomorrow and monday so looks like im gonna be drinking lots of coffee have a good one ...

Sky Pilot

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Tellico Plains, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Several Fisher, Tesoro, White's and Garrett's
Man, that's a bummer! But, then again, not really! My first job paid less than 1.25 per hour, and you bested that! Plus, as well as you did the other day, anything less would seem like a letdown! Seriously Paul, I hope the rains clear up and leave the ground in prime shape for you! :thumbsup: I've had the stinking flu for the second time this season, and look forward to getting out sometime soon. Take care! P.S. Have a cup for me!! Regards, Richard

OP
OP
longsocks

longsocks

Oct 17, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the reply Jim: I guess that was just a lucky day.. the kind when you hit the tot lot and hope that 10 other guys havn't been there already... chipped bark and or sand makes recovery fast and easy..soon as the weather warms up little more I will be spending more time on the beaches of Lake Michigan to see whats left from the fall. There is one spot I would like to go check out in a Park, its one of those that they don't cut the grass very short and with all the rain we have had the last few weeks, I think the skeeto's would carry me off alive LOL..might have to wait for a real dry spell on that one tho.. For the life of me I can not think of why that musket ball was there in amongst the playground stuff, unless some kid got into his dads stuff and lost it there... Makes me think of the days when I used to Black power shoot with my 50 cal. Have a good one HH Paul

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread