F2 looking to upgrade?

Gamecock4life

May 20, 2012
south carolina
Detector(s) used
etrac, fisher f2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i've had a f2 for a little while and I'm happy with it so far for the money i have invested in it! i am currently thinking of upgrading to a f5 and haven't really researched it fully. the f2 in my opinion is pretty good at finding clad. is any1 else in this predicament? i use mine in yards and haven't tried beaches yet but i think it will be and excellent up grade! any1 feel free to chime in and any advise would be appreciated thanks:icon_cheers:

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Feel free to give me a ring and bend my ear. The F5 is a great machine!

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The F5 is a nice upgrade and Bart will help you decide.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Game, I was able to find a older F75. I would say if you can upgrade, do it. I spent a lil more than I wanted, but I like my choice. If your gonna do the beach, may ask about a Garret AT Pro, its waterproof.

Kbron2000

May 17, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT ,Fisher F2 DD Coil, NEL Tornado Coil, Garret Propointer ....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will go for an Etrac o sovereign GT ....

sqwaby

Apr 13, 2008
I have the F5 and have used my friends F2 for a couple hours. The F5 would be a nice up grade if you want a machine that can be adjusted to various hunting conditions. You'll get a bit more depth also. It is not a great salt beach machine in the damp or wet sand as the sens must be cut back to run quiet and this causes the depth to fall off.

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used
Actual: Whites MXT All Pro, M6 and Tesoro Sand Shark

Ex: BH Platinum, Tesoro Lobo, ST & Tejon, Teknetics Delta, Whites MXT, V3i, Dual Field, MX5; DP Wader, Garrett At-PRO, Fisher Gold Bug 2, CZ-70Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
My opinion.... If you already know the f2 well why not make a bigger jump and get the f75??? I don't know if you can afford the upgrade to an f75 but one thing is for sure once you get the f75 no more upgrades would be needed, since it's considered one of the best md in the market.

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

Kbron2000

May 17, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT ,Fisher F2 DD Coil, NEL Tornado Coil, Garret Propointer ....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just remember, any crapper is good at finding clad. Try CZ21 or F75 on for size. Or F70. You are ready.
Not just clad tons of gold and silver as well... :)
my first 3month end up with $154 clad 2 gold rings one of them with diamonds 1 gold pendent 5 silver rings and few silver coins...
F2 RULEZ

Cleetus

Oct 24, 2011
Salt Lake City, Ut.
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The F2 is not the reason you aren't finding Silver......You need to get over some Silver...I agree with the others, keep using your F2 until you can up grade to the F&% then you will really get a machine you can live with for a long time. If you just upgrade to F5, you will soon want the F75, then lose money selling it to get the F75 (or whatever you choose)........Just wait a bit and get the Machine you really want.

Mrshafer

Tenderfoot
Aug 6, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have found lots of coins silver and clad with the F2, also does well with the relics. Don't get over confident with your MD skills I rarely get out of all metal if I do I just kick out the iron you have to be willing to dig. The only true form of discrimination is your eyes remember that. Some of the best stuff I have found was behind a CTX 3030 because I was willing to dig and he wasn't. If you have deep pockets I would say go for a upgrade but the F2 is a great machine. The F75 is a well rounded machine and can be used in almost all applications.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread