F4

R

robert roy

Curious as to how Fisher would discribe the difference between the F4 and the Bounty Hunter look alike, I wrote and got back this reply that I would like to share with you all:

WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE RADIO SHACK DISCOVERY 3300 AND THE FISHER F-4?
These two products are mechanically somewhat similar, but the guts are different. The F4 is more sensitive, has an autotune mode, is much easier to ground balance, has much quicker response and better target separation, has improved audio response, comes standard with two searchcoils including an 11 inch elliptical DD for broader sweep and greater depth in mineralized ground, and has the Fisher warranty.
The Discovery 3300 was designed specifically for Radio Shack several years ago. It was and is an excellent product for the typical Radio Shack customer. Although it was not designed with the serious hobbyist in mind, a few serious hobbyists who have bought them and posted on them say they're excellent machines for the price.
The F4 is a new product designed specifically for the serious hobbyist who probably already owns other metal detectors. Of those who have bought one and posted about it, I don't recall one disappointed customer. Nearly everyone says they love it, they're just plain delighted. A few customers own both the 3300 and the F4, and have posted what we already knew-- despite the obvious similarities, they're totally different animals.
--Dave J.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread