F75 coil and Competion Hunt

larrylwill

Jul 6, 2008
North East Alabama, Section
Detector(s) used
Own: Fisher F75 LTD, Whites Coinmaster GT, Technetics Delta 4000, Whites Eagle Sl, Garrett GTA 1000, Whites PI underwater, Whites Surf Master, Garrett Master Hunter w/ 2 box.
I started detecting in th
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a F75 LTD with the stock DD coil. I also have a Whites Coinmaster GT. I have been using the Whites for competition hunts with its 10" concentric round coil. I use it normally in all metal with tone ID and look at the VD numbers. Pinpointing is right dead center of the coil for fast pin pointing. I want to use the Fisher but pinpointing is a pain because the DD coil will pinpoint in 2 places coil. I was concertinaing getting a concentric coil just for this reason. I borrowed a 6x10 concentric coil but I know they make a 10" round one for the F70 or F75. I am thinking the 10" round would be better as it covers more area than the elliptical one. Depth is not important.

Can someone give me some feedback on the 2 coils, strictly for competition hunting.
Also what modes do you suggest.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Learn to "X" pinpoint with a DD rather than try the "back off the tip" method.

OP
OP
L

larrylwill

Jul 6, 2008
Detector(s) used
Own: Fisher F75 LTD, Whites Coinmaster GT, Technetics Delta 4000, Whites Eagle Sl, Garrett GTA 1000, Whites PI underwater, Whites Surf Master, Garrett Master Hunter w/ 2 box.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do but I get 2 distinct spots, one just in front of the little dot and on the dot, only about 2" apart. I can pinpoint but not near as fast as with the concentric coil.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So dig a 3" hole right between them.

Lift the coil and re-"X". You should be able to narrow it down tighter.

OP
OP
L

larrylwill

Jul 6, 2008
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Time is coins in a competition hunt. Not feasible to find coins fast.
The object is to dig as many coins and tokens as fast as you can.
For general hunting accurate pinpointing is not a problem but in a fast hunt its the difference between 50 and 75 silver coins.
If you can pinpoint accurate you can lift the plug, if not you have to dig for it.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive, found that in a competition hunt, the coins are not deeper than about 4" and should be "visible" to your handheld pinpointer. Once you get the hit on your machine, kneel down pull the pinpointer and scan and cut the plug with your digging tool (the park hunts I go to do not allow shovels). Otherwise, get the 10" coaxial, but I am not sure how how many hunts you have to go to for you to break even considering the cost of the coil. I think the 6x10 is actually a DD the 6.5" elliptical is concentric (actually, I hate when the manufacturers use that terminology with elliptical coils - the more technically accurate term is coaxial).

OP
OP
L

larrylwill

Jul 6, 2008
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
10" Concentric Elliptical Coil - Item 10COIL-F70
$179.00
10" DD White Elliptical Closed Coil - Item 10COILDD-F75
$179.00
It appears to be concentric elliptical. Most times it's faster to pinpointing and look for the slit, but it varies by the field. I have a borrowed one the guy wants $65 for.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a good price (used). Worth it if you are only Planning to use it for Competition hunts,

OP
OP
L

larrylwill

Jul 6, 2008
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would use it for normal hunting also.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread