Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe not returned for a touchdown, but at least to the opponents 40, and Kirk PA is down on the play. ;D (forgot to wear his helmet.... again!) :laughing7:

I'm actually very lucky to be posting anything, given how bad the first site was and how bad my brain hurt trying to figure out where to go. Camp David (guest in town) and I headed to an area where I didn't have a clue where we'd hunt, and I almost bailed on the thought halfway there, but didn't and seen a field I haven't hunted in about 7 years basically ready to go (grass was long) so we had at it. Definitely had to work for these, but it's still much better than riding the skunk mobile.

Local Militia button, few not so old crusty coppers, little buckle etc.

Attachments

• tof1.jpg
    tof1.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 1,224
Upvote 0

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey atleast you got out. Get everything broke in and fine tuned for when IronHorse is ready. :thumbsup:

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a good start to the season ! A nice button ! I am looking forward to some of your playoff fields I know you have coming !! MaineRelic

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mainer said:
Hey atleast you got out. Get everything broke in and fine tuned for when IronHorse is ready. :thumbsup:

Yeah my knee, it's broken in, but in a bad way. :-\ I have to stop kicking the plug and dirt.... very bad habit and can mess your knee up. If anyone does it, consider not doing it!

IH will be ready sometime next week but we'll need some better ideas than today and the main set of fields we're waiting on is still planted. I've had much worse days at some of my better sites so have no complaints about today. Dave on the other hand didn't fair quite as well.

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
KOOTNEY KID said:
Nice finds,i see large cents?K.KID.

Yes you do. Another few years newer and I would have had to throw them back. ;D

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
too bad French Dave didn't score big.......or is it!
just save another button like that one for me, I like them too!

yeah we'll have to have a solid game plan to score a nice old site.........or a cannon at least, either way I'll be satisfied.

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ironhorse said:

yeah we'll have to have a solid game plan to score a nice old site.........or a cannon at least, either way I'll be satisfied.

The NJ is still planted, but the West side on the other side of the road is ready to roll! (Where LL thought there was a couple more early houses) A lot of activity up by the house today so if we want to talk to someone they may be around.

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ironhorse said:

By the way.... we hunted that place I had hit with the Viking years ago. The one we thought about after leaving the NJ, but didn't go. Grass was long and there wasn't much, but enough to say I got something.

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
It's about time you stop lurking and actually contribute to this forum. :laughing7: It's a start. Now , go out and find something that you will be proud to show us. You don't seem to enthused about what you did find. ::) :laughing9:
Chris

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Colonial Copper Zeus said:
It's about time you stop lurking and actually contribute to this forum. :laughing7: It's a start. Now , go out and find something that you will be proud to show us. You don't seem to enthused about what you did find. ::) :laughing9:
Chris

The button is a double but my other has a big bend so I'm cool with it. Today was like drinking really bad beer, rough going but still gets you drunk and happy in the end.

dwayne sueno

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
upstate ny
Detector(s) used
se pro
Primary Interest:
Other
nice militia button.
i've been tripping over the coppers this year, but have yet to get a good military button.
if i didn't get another copper all year, i'd be happy if i could pull one revolutionary war button...

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dwayne sueno said:
nice militia button.
i've been tripping over the coppers this year, but have yet to get a good military button.
if i didn't get another copper all year, i'd be happy if i could pull one revolutionary war button...

I would gladly trade off every button I will find this Fall for just one I am over the moon about.

teleman 2525

Bronze Member
May 9, 2010
newport vermont
Detector(s) used
whites xlt minelab explorer se pro
iron patch got ta love you man those finds would surly make myday week or month but im still learning my new se and also badly need to locate new hunting sites hit the books check the maps i catch up to you soooome day lol nice diggs ip congrates

Hill Billy

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice Finds!
Where's the insitu photo's? :P

Kirk PA

Bronze Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It is nice to see you out Digging. :laughing9: It was a success. You got coppers and a nice button. :icon_thumleft:

Kirk

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iron Patch , You sound as though you know of which you speak , regarding bad beer ! Looks
like you bagged a couple of "canook " largies - are they Vickies , or the lads ??? Argentium.

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bill Hilly said:
Nice Finds!
Where's the insitu photo's? :P

If I remember we'll take the cam when our NJ field is ready to go. Show you some dirt, water, and maybe an old silver. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread