Farewell my CTH2 friends.

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
Cyn,hope you don't find that snow when you get home. Here all the leaves are falling and all the hickcory nuts have dropped,so guess that ol' winter isn't too far away.

Johnny Ringo Silver

Dec 6, 2007
KANSAS
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE and Sunray probe
Stan.....I had a blast! It was good to meet everyone an be a part of the hunt. I will be looking forward to the next one wherever it may be and do my best to attend. You put on a great hunt and provided a wonderful time. Thanx Johnny 8)

Juanmoretime

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2008
Shreveport, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Miinelab CTX-3030, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab Explorer II, Whites Dfx
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stan, what could I say that hasn't already been said except thnk you for the exceptional weekend. Thanks to eveyone for their generousity, hard work, and most of all just being there. This was my first time in Kansas and I won't miss another one, thats for sure! It was great to see old faces and meet new ones....the family just keeps getting bigger! I'll post pictures soon as possible.......

Steve ;D

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
Hello, and greetings to all of you that were on that CTH,

I've just read all the complements and thank you's and about all your memorable times there on that CTH. I'd say you
are all living examples of the truth in the old saying,

Make new friends,
But keep the old,
One is silver,
The other Gold.

I am glad that youi all had such a great time, andthat you got home safely. I pray that all the rest did too.

Ray karenray08

OP
OP
Burdie

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys are embarrassing me :-[ All of you are what made the hunt a success. My family helped me a bunch in lots of ways. I just got out of the way. :)

Burdie

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
Make sure your lovley Bride gets my thanks for putting up with us and The other things I probaly dont even know she did, as well as the rest your family.
Albert

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
Just heard from Cyn.She's stuck in Denver with a broke plane.They're trying to find a good one so she can be back in Oregon sometime tonight.Gunsmoke is in Denver also tonight,ummm,but he's sittin'at a truckstop on the east side with a 18 wheeler,don't think he could manage pickin her up for supper.He's on the way to Salt lake,hope there's no snow there.Cyn says she'll be a postin' when she gets home.Hope it's smooth from here out,Cyn.

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Stan, what a great time we had!! Old friends, new friends, great food, and a great host!! Thank You and another Thank You for those behind the scene making it all come together. :thumbsup:

Wicked Wanda

Feb 29, 2008
Apple Valley, CA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Ace 250 , & Pro Pointer
warsawdaddy said:
Cyn,hope you don't find that snow when you get home. Here all the leaves are falling and all the hickcory nuts have dropped,so guess that ol' winter isn't too far away.
Luck is on Cyn side. No snow, dropped to 16 degrees on Sat. morn. I thought for sure she was in for a surprise.

I pick her up at 11:15 p.m. at the airport.

She called me at work and was telling me about the wonderful time that she had with all of you. I just want to say thank you, Cyn really needed this. She has had a tough year and it was great to hear the joy and fun in her voice.

Wicked Wanda

Feb 29, 2008
Apple Valley, CA
Detector(s) used
warsawdaddy said:
Just heard from Cyn.She's stuck in Denver with a broke plane.They're trying to find a good one so she can be back in Oregon sometime tonight.Gunsmoke is in Denver also tonight,ummm,but he's sittin'at a truckstop on the east side with a 18 wheeler,don't think he could manage pickin her up for supper.He's on the way to Salt lake,hope there's no snow there.Cyn says she'll be a postin' when she gets home.Hope it's smooth from here out,Cyn.
Oh for cying out loud, WSD, I have not heard from her since 2:45 p.m. Hope that she was able to get up in the air. I will just camp out in the airport, no big deal. I will still have hot cocoa waiting for her.

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
Hey WW,take good care of her,she is one of 'us' now.I really hope she enjoyed her visit,she was great and all of us were anxcious to see and meet her.It's good she has a friend like you that she can really count on.You guys will be up all night talking.Tell her to let us know she got there ok.

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Highjacking thread sorry Burdie Please go to Prayers thread Cyn needs prayers for her kids!

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Well they did find a plane that wasn't pouring hydraulic fluid all over and got us out of Denver just an hour late but since I had a 2 hr layover in SanFrancisco I figured it was not a big deal at all.....well until I got to San Francisco and had a message from my son saying their housing unit at Camp Pendleton was on fire. He said Afton was home with the babies and grabbed them and the diaper bag and was evacuated. They are staying in temporary housing on base tonight and won't know til morning if their place burned or not. Thank God they got out okay! I just talked to them after I got home and he had not heard anything else and didn't figure he would til morning so I am going to catch up on posts a bit then start packing boxes. When I wear out I will take a nap and get back to it....gotta get everything moved that I can come morning! lol

I can't even begin to tell you what it meant to me that I was able to be there with all of you this weekend! I felt like I was living in a dream. Finally I got to meet so many of my family here and believe me.....everyone was even MORE incredible in person! So many that I did not get to spend enough time visiting with.....sheesh, who am I fooling?? I didn't get to spend enough time with ANYONE! I can't thank you all enough for helping me be there and for all the great memories! I told WSD I didn't think I had ever had such a good time in my life and it is the God's honest truth!! I sure love you guys!!

Bigfoot Okie

Jan 20, 2007
Central Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Whites, Tesoro
Stan,
Great job of organizing and running CTH2. I could not have enjoyed myself more.
The commemorative plaque and pistol you donated is very special to me. Many thanks to you and all who donated time and gifts. I will always remember my 3 days in Caldwell and I have never met a nicer group of folks.

Also, a big Thank You to everyone who stayed with me after Saturday's hunt in order to help me learn the proper method of breaking into a Jeep!!! I am confident now I will be able to assist others in the future who are in the same predicament.
Hope to see you all again on future hunts.
HH Jim

Rob in KS

Aug 21, 2006
Middle of Kansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I'm finally rested up. What a great time. Like Cyn said, there just wasn't enough time to talk to everyone, but I tried. The weather sure cooperated, it rained an inch Monday and today it's in the 50's and raining. I'm glad it held off until after the hunt.

I kept digging up lumps of coal, so I kept a few, they make great xmas gifts. :wink:
I brought home an official CTH II commerative railroad spike.

Thanks to everyone who made this a great get-together

Wicked Wanda

Feb 29, 2008
Apple Valley, CA
Detector(s) used
warsawdaddy said:
Hey WW,take good care of her,she is one of 'us' now.I really hope she enjoyed her visit,she was great and all of us were anxcious to see and meet her.It's good she has a friend like you that she can really count on.You guys will be up all night talking.Tell her to let us know she got there ok.
WSD, this is so true about Cyn, true friends are a treasure and this is one that I will never give up. I love her like a sister and have been truely blessed since she has come into my life.

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Wicked Wanda said:
warsawdaddy said:
WSD, this is so true about Cyn, true friends are a treasure and this is one that I will never give up. I love her like a sister and have been truely blessed since she has come into my life.

Yep, I stepped off the plane and sissy was jumpin up and down in the doorway....I drug her home with me and made her look at every single thing I brought back and listen to my stories and being the sweet friend she is......she listened to the whole thing even though she was falling down tired and had to work this morning! Friends don't get any better than Wicked Wanda! It sucks I couldn't bring her with me, you guys would have loved her!! I guarantee we would have had to fly her and Bran back from China had she been there to help dig that hole! lol

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Burdie, what can I say that hasn't been said by everyone. . . I had a WONDERFUL time and it was like heaven seeing everyone again and making a lot of new friends.

When 12-noon Sunday rolled around I clicked my heels 3 times (to get some of the CREEK mud off my boots. . . Gypsy ::)) I was on my way home.

Here are a few of the fond memories I thought about on the drive home. . . :)

cth-1.jpg

Warsaw Daddy and his new inspectin' job

cth-6.jpg

cth-7.jpg

Master Eagle 22's "Gluteus Maximus" (I want to be the first on the block with one of these :D)

cth-8.jpg

And how can I forget the cow-pie throwin'. . .

cth-11.jpg

cth-10.jpg

Gypsy & Lil' Gyps throw a mean cow-pie (style counts :wink:)

cth-17.jpg

I did call my wife and asked if i could bring a "friend" home ::)

cth-18.jpg

And. . . the best time to hunt for treasure is anytime you want. . . even at night :wink:

Take care everybody & THANKS :)
watercolor

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread