Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
SC Lowcountry
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Sovereign GT.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hi;

I just got started into tumbling bottle exteriors. I have a 2 speed set up and know that low speed is for square/rectangular bottles. I also realize flasks are like paddles and know to leave clearance in the canister wall for them so they don't jam up the copper and break. With the high speed being pretty stinking quick I'm concerned that the dynamics of the copper movement would change. What speed would you run flasks, low or high?

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have zero experience tumbling bottles. I think there's one or two people on here who have and could help you out. Maybe they'll see this post and chime in

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Slow. Very slow. The glass is very thin on most flasks. Trust me you don't want that copper slapping the glass as it tumbles. It takes longer to complete the job but well worth the slow methodical tumble. Jgas.

OP
OP
Dug

Dug

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
SC Lowcountry
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Sovereign GT.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Slow. Very slow. The glass is very thin on most flasks. Trust me you don't want that copper slapping the glass as it tumbles. It takes longer to complete the job but well worth the slow methodical tumble. Jgas.

Figured as much, thanks for the input. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread