Favorite Digging Tools

Rifleman

Oct 1, 2007
I have bought several digging tools that work very well for me. The first is one that I read about, but have not used yet. In the picture you can see it has very sharp serrated edges and it is curved. I got it at Lowes, but they also carry them at Home Depot and most likely other hardware stores. It's about $14.00. It looks like it will do a great job of cutting grass roots. It has a lifetime guarantee and looks indestructible.

The second tool I got at Home Depot for about $13.00. It's really great for packed dirt. It's not one I use where lawn damage could be a problem, but it gets down pretty deep quickly. You just have to be sure your not hitting right over the object you are trying to recover. The pointed end gets through the hard dirt and rocks quickly and the spade end is good for dragging the dirt out of the hole.I put one of those super magnets on the top with a screw for picking up iron objects from the dirt pile. It really can save some time.

The third tool I got from Kelly Co. It was one of those add $10.00 specials you get when you buy a detector. I got it when I bought my X-Terra 70. It works really well for cutting out half circles in the grass and then digging down towards the object you have detected. It's pretty tough, I have not been able to destroy it yet.

When in an area where neatness doesn't count, I still like a small spade, long handled shovel.

Give these tools a try, you'll like them and they hold up well.

Attachments

• DSCN1302.JPG
    DSCN1302.JPG
    102.1 KB · Views: 992
  • DSCN1305.JPG
    DSCN1305.JPG
    86.9 KB · Views: 3,821
  • DSCN1303.JPG
    DSCN1303.JPG
    103.2 KB · Views: 1,147
  • DSCN1304.JPG
    DSCN1304.JPG
    85.5 KB · Views: 1,014
Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't do a lot of hard land hunting much any more so when I do I stick with my bayonet and screwdriver. Water now I use the Sunspot scoop.

Attachments

• Sunspot scoop.jpg
    Sunspot scoop.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 348

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions