Hawkeye4077

Greenie
Mar 19, 2013
Bloomington, IL
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm a newbie to the hobby and wanted to know what everyone's favorite gloves to use while detecting. It's easy to find what the best pointer is, the best digger is, what peoples thoughts on detectors are but I didn't see anything about best gloves to use.

So, let us know what kind of gloves you use and why you like them so!

Upvote 0

WVARelics

Jun 21, 2012
Winchester, Va
Detector(s) used
Garrett Groundhog, AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use 2 kinds. If its wet out I use the rubberized garden gloves. Dry I use the standard $.99 cheapo brown gloves. Summertime I dont use any gloves, too dang hot.

smeagher

Feb 28, 2013
I like I use the rubberized garden gloves. The ones that just have rubber on the palms and and bottom side of the fingers. As long as they are light weight and breath. Nothing to heavy as far as material and something that drys pretty quick if they get wet.

Pulltab Parson

Jan 20, 2007
Northwest PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Vaquero, White's Prizm III, White's Bulls-eye Pinpointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yup the Latex garden gloves are great and you can get them for $3 a pair at Dollar General, but if it's kinda wet out, I use the mechancix gloves, they are great and do a good job too. I usually don't detect without gloves on cus I like to keep my fingers clean for snack time.

HH
PTP

Critical Recovery

Oct 31, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's MXT pro, MXT and DFX, Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No gloves.
I like to feel the objects and the earth. If my hands get dirty, that' what soap and water is for.

scotty544

Mar 11, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 XP Deus Whites V3i
Tesoro Silver Saber
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I wear Kevlar with rubberized fingers...$15 a pair at atwoods, but I get them significantly cheaper....got connections..don't ask..They arevery good for detecting, snug fit, and basically cut proof and keeps you pretty dry even on a wet day.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wells Lamont Premium Leather Work Gloves Wells Lamont These gloves are $18.99 for a Three-pack at Costco. They LAST!

markincypress

Apr 6, 2012
cypress texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab CTX3030, Tesoro Tejon and Sand Shark, Fisher F75-ltd, Whites V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use the "Grease Monkey" gloves from Home Depot. They are fingerless and allow me to make changes on my detector easily without hitting a wrong button or menu and allow you to feel the coins when picking them up.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I prefer the Mechanix style of gloves. I'm not afraid of dirty hands, but there is a LOT of glass and sharp metal in the holes we dig. Better safe than sorry.

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I agree with Jason, dirty is not a problem, but cuts are. I take a lot of heart meds, blood thiners etc, even a small cut will bleed enough to end my day. I always carry a small first aid kit in my detecting stuff, and good tough gloves

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use the Mechanix Style gloves as well, Walmart has them in the Work Clothes Section...and when the fingers gets holes, I sew them back up and dip in a rubberized paint they sell at the Depot

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have some rubber gardening gloves I use,great for being able to crumble dirt while not getting my hands all muddy.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gloves :icon_scratch:

If I were to wear something it would be a pair of socks that have faces. This way, if there are ever kids around, or you get bored, you can always have a sock puppet show :icon_thumright:

Critical Recovery

Oct 31, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's MXT pro, MXT and DFX, Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

If I were to wear something it would be a pair of socks that have faces. This way, if there are ever kids around, or you get bored, you can always have a sock puppet show :icon_thumright:

I swear to God man, your posts just get weirder and weirder. :)

OP
OP
H

Hawkeye4077

Greenie
Mar 19, 2013
Bloomington, IL
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all the feedback so far all! Definitely appears to be a highly debated issue. Who knew!?

Seems like I may need to try a few types out. I've used the Mechanix gloves for things around the house and really like them though so that may be the avenue I take.

S

stefen

Obviously you've been wearing (and sniffing) used socks, and that combined with being out in the sun too long, has affected your thinking process...

jfeeney

Sep 16, 2012
Dayton
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I use a pair of cycling gloves when it's cold or wet - full leather fingers, padded palm and mesh back.
They were in a box of junk in our office when we took over the lease. A good wash in hot water and bleach and I was set to go. I had them for a while but never had a use for them until I started MDing.

elijahhenry10

Jan 24, 2012
South-Western PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75

Teknetics Omega 8000

Bounty Hunter Quickdraw II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't like wearing gloves, unless its really muddy. And then I just wear whatever pair I can find in my shed first. Usually the cheapo leather and fabric gloves.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread