Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tnet's automated alert "Quick Moderation" on Miranda1. Joined Apr 17th, only post was this. So, we'll keep an eye out for anymore activity. In the meantime, a trip down memory lane on so many songs posted here.

Being in South Louisiana, grew up with Cajun music. Mostly Swamp Pop...here are a few of my favorites...Van Broussard. We have a Swamp Pop Fest every year, where many of the local bands perform. Van is still playing despite getting older, his sister Grace is of "Dale and Grace". Dale is deceased, but Grace still sings with Van. Someone posted on YouTube compiled all of of Van's songs. Enjoy!

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From my high school days. Johnny Rivers.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Always loved Johnny Rivers, he and B.J. Thomas seem to always pop up at the Jazz Fest in NOLA.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Going back to Swamp Pop...Dale & Grace made two records. Dale Houston (April 23, 1940 – September 27, 2007) was an American singer who, along with his performing partner, Grace Broussard, hit the Billboard chart as Dale & Grace with two rock and roll singles. The first was the No. 1 gold record "I'm Leaving It Up to You" in 1963. "Stop and Think It Over" reached No. 8 in 1964.

On American Bandstand...

Dale singing with her brother, Van Broussard...

Dale is deceased, Dale still still sings with her brother, Van Broussard. Van is in his 80's now. Anyway, a dance hall. "Moonlight Inn" built in the 30's, where my dad played the trumpet in a band. This dance hall had many, many years of performers...Johnny Rivers even performed there. It's a memory now. The floods of August 2016 was disastrous to all of folks in the surrounding areas. Including me.

14590233_1471146572900461_3719073670791655288_n.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Thank you River Rat and Treasure Hunter! I heard some of those. Been busy today and will have to listen to the rest later. I love all kinds of music but love reminiscing to the oldies!

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tnet's automated alert "Quick Moderation" on Miranda1. Joined Apr 17th, only post was this. So, we'll keep an eye out for anymore activity. In the meantime, a trip down memory lane on so many songs posted here.

Being in South Louisiana, grew up with Cajun music. Mostly Swamp Pop...here are a few of my favorites...Van Broussard. We have a Swamp Pop Fest every year, where many of the local bands perform. Van is still playing despite getting older, his sister Grace is of "Dale and Grace". Dale is deceased, but Grace still sings with Van. Someone posted on YouTube compiled all of of Van's songs. Enjoy!

not sure what that means, but never heard of any of her songs ( miranda) and do not intend to find out

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
From my high school days. Johnny Rivers.

Going back to Swamp Pop...Dale & Grace made two records. Dale Houston (April 23, 1940 – September 27, 2007) was an American singer who, along with his performing partner, Grace Broussard, hit the Billboard chart as Dale & Grace with two rock and roll singles. The first was the No. 1 gold record "I'm Leaving It Up to You" in 1963. "Stop and Think It Over" reached No. 8 in 1964.

Dale is deceased, Dale still still sings with her brother, Van Broussard. Van is in his 80's now. Anyway, a dance hall. "Moonlight Inn" built in the 30's, where my dad played the trumpet in a band. This dance hall had many, many years of performers...Johnny Rivers even performed there. It's a memory now. The floods of August 2016 was disastrous to all of folks in the surrounding areas. Including me.

View attachment 1579992

may be mistaken, but I always thought johnny rivers was black

I remember almost all of those songs! I used to run around singing "I'm Leaving ing It All Up To You" and "Baby, I Need Your Lovin'."

Jeff, I would say, after watching the videos, you are mistaken. :tongue3:

Last edited:

littlehugger

Nov 23, 2005

NOW THATS A HIT FOR THE AGES!
This song is the only Christmas song ever to be the Number One Hit in the nation.
I used to have a 45 record of this song and would play it constantly, while howling along. Its a wonder I lived thru childhood.
Even today, Christmas is not Christmas until I hear the Chipmunks on the radio.
Life is good

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
NOW THATS A HIT FOR THE AGES!
This song is the only Christmas song ever to be the Number One Hit in the nation.
I used to have a 45 record of this song and would play it constantly, while howling along. Its a wonder I lived thru childhood.
Even today, Christmas is not Christmas until I hear the Chipmunks on the radio.
Life is good

Ha! Ha! I played mine constantly, too!

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I realized today I was thinking of johnny mathis

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
I realized today I was thinking of johnny mathis

I can understand that. I blame my memory lapses on being old, blonde, and Polish. What's your excuse? (Oh, boy. Did I just give you and endless supply of material to pick on me with?)

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I can understand that. I blame my memory lapses on being old, blonde, and Polish. What's your excuse? (Oh, boy. Did I just give you and endless supply of material to pick on me with?)

my only memory problems are due to the tetrabites of memories in my brain

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I forgot one >>

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
93d3623e5c78928a8d75c894e6685c80.jpg

I still love "Purple Haze".

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
View attachment 1581635

I still love "Purple Haze".

Interesting information I just dug up. According to an interview he gave in the late 60's, the words came to him in a dream he had after reading some sci-fi book. And concerning the meaning of the song, Hendrix pointed out this verse: "Never happy or in misery/ Whatever it is, that girl put a spell on me."
Also, the original song was 10 pages long and supposedly (I couldn't find the original to prove this part) It started out: "Purple Haze/Jesus Saves."

So here you go rook3434.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread