WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
This isn't one from my childhood. But, I heard it the other day and I had to laugh. When it first came out my husband and I were driving and he said, "This song is so you!"

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
the 70's was the gold standard for music

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Going back to Swamp Pop...Dale & Grace made two records. Dale Houston (April 23, 1940 – September 27, 2007) was an American singer who, along with his performing partner, Grace Broussard, hit the Billboard chart as Dale & Grace with two rock and roll singles. The first was the No. 1 gold record "I'm Leaving It Up to You" in 1963. "Stop and Think It Over" reached No. 8 in 1964.

On American Bandstand...

Dale singing with her brother, Van Broussard...

Dale is deceased, Dale still still sings with her brother, Van Broussard. Van is in his 80's now. Anyway, a dance hall. "Moonlight Inn" built in the 30's, where my dad played the trumpet in a band. This dance hall had many, many years of performers...Johnny Rivers even performed there. It's a memory now. The floods of August 2016 was disastrous to all of folks in the surrounding areas. Including me.

View attachment 1579992

Sad indeed.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looky what I found from my high school years.

Even I remember this one & laughing my butt off , Still love Steve , ? wonder what he has been up to ?

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I loved watching Soul Train with my Grandmother , like it better that American Bandstand.

Does David 'Jones ' Bowie have that Michael Jackson Nose ? Hmmmm???

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Just a few years before my time (I was alive) The "Yellow Ribbon" meant you had a Relative in Vietnam ?

Correct me if I'm wrong .

That picture also reminds me of how I remember my Late Uncle George looking , he was a musician also.

I'm just catching up 'Sis' it's been 7 months . lol

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Just a few years before my time (I was alive) The "Yellow Ribbon" meant you had a Relative in Vietnam ?

Correct me if I'm wrong .

That picture also reminds me of how I remember my Late Uncle George looking , he was a musician also.

I'm just catching up 'Sis' it's been 7 months . lol

Well, I always thought it was a lover coming home from the service but after revisiting the song it sounds like he was coming home from prison. LOL!

And it might be based off of this folklore, although it was a white ribbon in an apple tree.

https://www.loc.gov/folklife/ribbons/ribbons.html

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread