Favorite Things Bought Through Ebay

renaroque

Tenderfoot
Mar 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi, I'm fairly new to this forum, or at least to posting on it, and was curious to see what everyone's favorite eBay finds were?
They don't necessarily have to be the most valuable(though they can), just the item/(s) which you've been most excited to find/find out about.

Mine would have to be the following, a fair of mislabeled mittens which I picked up. Though there's a relative lack of information on items like these, I've had a huge amount of fun researching them(with online help from several people) and having found quite similar examples, am fairly confident in putting them in the second half of the 17th Century.

Anyhow, I look forward to hearing about everyone else's finds :)

Attachments

• DSC_1435.JPG
    DSC_1435.JPG
    251.8 KB · Views: 132
  • DSC_1431.JPG
    DSC_1431.JPG
    264.5 KB · Views: 131
  • DSC_1423.JPG
    DSC_1423.JPG
    273.9 KB · Views: 141
  • DSC_1419.JPG
    DSC_1419.JPG
    232.3 KB · Views: 130

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice mittens, thanks for sharing and welcome to Treasurenet, sort of. :icon_thumright:

My favorite ebay purchase? Nothing special comes to mind at the moment. I'm basically a seller.

OP
OP
R

renaroque

Tenderfoot
Mar 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks on both accounts :) Though I rarely post, I've definitely been enjoying the wealth of knowledge which there is on the forums!

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have bought a lot of stuff on there but these are probably my favorite. Back in the recession in 2009 I got laid off and started buying coins on eBay and selling them to a local coin store here in town. They would come up so cheap because people needed money and if you were up at wee hours of the morning you could catch some really good deals. But I got a nice 1932S and D quarter. The S was $110 , the D was $120 same seller seconds apart. I just kept these ones... I picked up some other ones from him also and sold the rest. The coin dealer I sold them to has recently retired and sold his business. Everyone else seems to buy coins for just their silver value anymore.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1465513622.834561.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1465513656.532299.jpg

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1465513766.096908.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1465513793.729090.jpg

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I have bought a lot of stuff on there but these are probably my favorite. Back in the recession in 2009 I got laid off and started buying coins on eBay and selling them to a local coin store here in town. They would come up so cheap because people needed money and if you were up at wee hours of the morning you could catch some really good deals. But I got a nice 1932S and D quarter. The S was $110 , the D was $120 same seller seconds apart. I just kept these ones... I picked up some other ones from him also and sold the rest. The coin dealer I sold them to has recently retired and sold his business. Everyone else seems to buy coins for just their silver value anymore.

View attachment 1323552
View attachment 1323553

View attachment 1323555
View attachment 1323557

I love stealing deals on eBay!!! Lol
My favorite thing to buy on eBay would have to be Lowes coupons! A three dollar purchase, instant download saves me hundreds at Lowes! But then again I'm building a house, so I spend a lot at Lowes...

Sent from a spun out toilet paper tube (one ply)!

zdawg3579

Feb 23, 2014
Scottsdale, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Funny thing running across this post...I just made a purchase that is my favorite to date. Usually I buy lots of coins and go through them (to add and build up my collection), but this time I wanted to target early 1900's German history. I've always been intrigued by Germany's rise to power and how they were able to overcome so many obstacles. Even though I don't agree with their political idealogies...I certainly believe that from a strategic point of view they did some unbelievable things (both good and very bad).
Anyway, it is a German Eagle coin from before WWII. Still waiting for it to be delivered, but I spent $5 on it after shipping and everything!!

Attachments

• imgSoldCvi_96x96.png
    imgSoldCvi_96x96.png
    732 bytes · Views: 303

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Funny thing running across this post...I just made a purchase that is my favorite to date. Usually I buy lots of coins and go through them (to add and build up my collection), but this time I wanted to target early 1900's German history. I've always been intrigued by Germany's rise to power and how they were able to overcome so many obstacles. Even though I don't agree with their political idealogies...I certainly believe that from a strategic point of view they did some unbelievable things (both good and very bad).
Anyway, it is a German Eagle coin from before WWII. Still waiting for it to be delivered, but I spent $5 on it after shipping and everything!!

History, whether we agree with it or not is important to preserve and remember...

Sent from a spun out toilet paper tube (one ply)!

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A ceramic Mallard duck lamp because my mom had one once. It was really broken up so we threw it away. Probably shouldn't have.

And a glass bear bank. As in bear in the woods kind. Dad had one of those.

Not too many sleepers anymore.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
University of Texas National Championship glasses: 1963, 1969, 1970, 2005. I'm pretty easy to satisfy and pretty cheap.

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would say the most satisfying purchases were deals on Zippo lighters back when I collected them. Back then you find many things mis-spelled and in wrong categories.

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Favorite eBay buy was a 1977 Confente lightweight bicycle in my size. Now worth around double what I'd paid for it, but that was 10+ years ago. Mario Confente was the lead builder for Masi bicycles when Faliero Masi moved from Italy to Carlsbad, Ca, in 1973. Confente branched out on his own in '77, building some of the finest customs available. He passed away a year or two later.

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My favorite is a custom made cap. I used to wear my 9th Infantry cap and when I went to the VA I would be approached and asked where in Nam I was. Well I was to young for Nam. So I decided to where my 18th Airborne Corp cap, same thing. Well finally a cap of a Unit I was in became available. Pershing, first most have never heard of it and did not know it was a Army unit, since it was a Nuclear Missile. Now I wear the Pershing cap and no "where were you in Nam" question any more. Pershing cap.jpg

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I may have a new one. This came up on eBay the other day by now or best offer $130. Scrap is $199 and it's not scrap. Checking her other sold listings she sold quite a good amount of stuff for very reasonable prices. I will be checking her store regularly.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1466108891.410467.jpg

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
I may have a new one. This came up on eBay the other day by now or best offer $130. Scrap is $199 and it's not scrap. Checking her other sold listings she sold quite a good amount of stuff for very reasonable prices. I will be checking her store regularly.

This was one of your favorite buys on ebay? Or just an item you were able to flip for profit?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread