Fed meeting/question and answer Wednesday Sept 18

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Will be interesting to see the effects on PMs (and stocks too) of the meeting then question answer session with Bernanke tomorrow starting at 2:00pm eastern.

Seems like the pundits are saying likely will be some taper. Whether it is 5 billion or 15 billion may make a big difference some are saying.

One thing I've noticed with these meetings is that if PMs are going up into the meeting (from a few days before to the day of the meeting) they fall after, and vice versa. Since I have been watching for this it seems to happen 80% or so of the time from my estimate. We have been falling into this one so far, so if that continues tomorrow AM we should see a price rise after the meeting if the theory proves correct this time.

Jim

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well at least we will know after the meeting if the Silver will go Up or Down. Lol I see it going up this week.

Benny-Mountain-Bikes.gif

TreasurePirate69

Jan 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like this continuous up/down stuff. I've made a few bucks flipping SLV these past few weeks. I'd like to see this continue for a little while longer so I can keep milking it. :)

I've been following the two day down, one day up pattern (when it happens) since late August and it has paid off handsomely. I have no idea if that pattern will continue though. So far it has been all luck. I'll keep playing the pattern until it no longer holds. One thing's for sure, the trend since early September has been down. That makes it a little harder to play the osscilations.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Looks like my above theory worked this time at least for today. However, I don't think this Fed decision is going to be enough to sustain a rally now in PMs. There is going to have to be more like physical shortages, ww3, or simply PMs becoming the next "fad" of investing kind of like it did in 2010 to 2011 a bit when the hedge funds got in big.

They still could push it back down low right before the next leg up which I believe is coming, someday.

Just my opinion.

Jim

TreasurePirate69

Jan 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well Jim, looks like you had it right. I'm amazed that they didn't say they were ready to taper. They've been hinting at it for at least a year. The price sure did react! Once again, I'm wrong...

OP
OP
J

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Well Jim, looks like you had it right. I'm amazed that they didn't say they were ready to taper. They've been hinting at it for at least a year. The price sure did react! Once again, I'm wrong...

I didn't know what was going to happen either. I have just observed from past fed meetings that there is a strong tendency for the price to change directions right as the meeting begins and rally a bit in the opposite direction to where it was heading a day or two prior to the meeting. But I have seen it not have such an effect too, but that is less often since I have been paying attention to it.

I thought they were going to taper for sure.

Jim

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Your never wrong when you admit it. Keep Stacking. In your case make a profit flipping. Lol

OP
OP
J

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Another Fed meeting today. I predict price will spike a bit after the meeting (since it is dropping going into the meeting). Of course, the trend will then be down again after the algos kick in to drop PMs as usual.

Jim

OP
OP
J

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Looks like no spike this time. Was going down before, now going down faster. At least the premiums are staying relatively low this time as the price gets knocked down. Hopefully physical is getting bought up someplace else in the world with these lower prices, as the PM bull pundits keep saying.

Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread