Fees

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
I just read a news article that free checking will be a thing of the past. Which got me thinking about the "F
Word". Naturally I'm wondering what others think and what's happening elsewhere. So Far I've only had one bank quote a box fee of $7.50 per box of anything. One CU that allows 2 $500.00 dumps per month free,10% over that. I won't pay this amount.
So the questions I have is
Who is paying box fees and/or dump fees, and how much is it costing?
HH
Rich

Upvote 0

legend76

May 17, 2010
Tennessee
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm just getting started, but no fees yet ($1K minimum order for halves). No dump fees at my CU, but no coin counter, so I have to roll my halves :(

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2010
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS
rich,
let me guess, is it wells fargo trying to charge u $7.50 per box of anything??? cuz the same thing happened 2 me @ wells, so i was just wondering???

OP
OP
Rich Hartford

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
CHAINCHOMP said:
rich,
let me guess, is it wells fargo trying to charge u $7.50 per box of anything??? cuz the same thing happened 2 me @ wells, so i was just wondering???

Chain.
It was a different bank that only operates out New York, Connecticut, and Massaschusetts.
HH
Rich

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
I heard the fee word about six months ago from my main supply bank ($5 per box). I moved to another branch where they had no fees. A month later I was getting into my SDB at the fee bank and they asked about my boxes. I told them I'd found another branch that didn't charge fees. They were surprised and I got a call a week later - fees were waived...it was all a mistake, come on back! Sure did. But the last six months I've seen a drop large drop in silver quantities and any fee would likely be an end to my box searching. :-\

Maine_Jim

OP
OP
Rich Hartford

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
maine_Jim said:
I heard the fee word about six months ago from my main supply bank ($5 per box). I moved to another branch where they had no fees. A month later I was getting into my SDB at the fee bank and they asked about my boxes. I told them I'd found another branch that didn't charge fees. They were surprised and I got a call a week later - fees were waived...it was all a mistake, come on back! Sure did. But the last six months I've seen a drop large drop in silver quantities and any fee would likely be an end to my box searching. :-\

Maine_Jim

Jim,
I'm getting silver,but I won't pay fees. It's a matter of principle.You can't be taken advantage of unless you allow it. If it means the end of CRHing for me,oh well, so be it.
HH
Rich

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rich Hartford said:
Oh well, it could be worse,they could censure free speech on the internet.
HH
Rich

Trust me, thats next on their agenda.

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
maine_Jim said:
... . But the last six months I've seen a drop large drop in silver quantities and any fee would likely be an end to my box searching. :-\

Maine_Jim
Me too my last really good Box was in the last batch got in December 09, Boxes since have been with one modest exception in Jan terrible since, in fact so bad I have called it quits till fall when will try to order again if can find another order Bank as ALL of mine have cut me off.

If had to pay fees on Boxes I too would be in the hole for 09, have had 5 cold calls though that really paid off this year with over 800 (mostly %40's), Silvers though.

The wife has an old friend who works at Bank orders for her so she can get plenty of Boxes but she too is doing extremely poorly; has done 4 of her 6 Boxes this week, 3 were skunks the other yielded 3 %90's and 5 %40's- the other 2 Boxes she will not get too till thursday, not expecting much though.

bgretz1989

Dec 28, 2008
the end of free checking might be prevented if they stop giving away ipods or gps units to everyone that opens a new account.

OP
OP
Rich Hartford

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
AGCoinHunter said:
Rich Hartford said:
HH
Rich

I know I'm from Ct. where it was one of our elected morons idea to censure the internet(for national security :laughing9:) There is a Utube vid of him saying that the Chinese have it so we should too. :help:
HH
Rich

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
Rich Hartford said:
AGCoinHunter said:
Rich Hartford said:
HH
Rich

I know I'm from Ct. where it was one of our elected morons idea to censure the internet(for national security :laughing9:) There is a Utube vid of him saying that the Chinese have it so we should too. :help:
HH
Rich
Yeup, the people are the real enemy on the eyes of those who rule US today, and are why they created Homeland inSecurity, to oppress US! It is coming as sure a rain falls.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread