Fenton, Mo. 63026
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Whites CoinMaster
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been lurking for the past few weeks and just purchased and received an Ace 250 from A&S Co. last week. My wife says it looks like we have a gopher in our yard ;D
I keep telling her " I found 'nuther nail " but keep looking for my first coin.
I have three invites to friends OLD property that has old foundations and one has an old cellar in the side of a hill.
I can't wait to see what I can find

G

ghosthunter

Welcome, glad to have you on board....good hunting...ghosthunter

OP
OP
Nuther Nail

Nuther Nail

Tenderfoot
Mar 18, 2007
Fenton, Mo. 63026
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Whites CoinMaster
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks to all.
I do fill all my holes but you can definitely tell where I have dug.
I am not the best pin pointer yet with my Ace, so my holes are a little large.

sonny0065

Jan 10, 2007
warner robins, Ga
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Welcome to TNet, A great site. If you can get a pinpointer. When you start to dig, cut a plug in the turf that will fit back into the hole, refill the hole, put plug back in, then step on it. Don't get discouraged, most people don't find good stuff at first. As you get more experienced with your MD you will find more good stuff. HH Sonny

bruizr

Feb 4, 2006
Poplar Bluff, Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, 'big bud' by bounty hunter, aqua vision
welcome,nuther nail. i grew up in fenton/high ridge area and i also have an ace 250.
to get better at pinpointing i would suggest going to a sandy area like a beach,creek, or river and dig it all. you never know what you'll find and use the jewellry mode to eliminate most nails. always check your holes again after digging a piece of trash up because many times a coin or jewellry item will be below or beside the junk. hh, bruizr.

MD Dog

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2007
Please don't yell !
I use Ace 250 nowadays but with oversized 9x12 coil. Best way to learn pinpointing is to bench test and find the (sweet spot if you will) and mark it on the top of coil. some MDs use outer edges of coil while others use somwhere near the center.

Natman

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to the forum, good to see another Missouri treasure hunter (I'm 20 miles NW of St. Louis).

Nat

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread