Ferrus dime/learn somthin new every day

jopher

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2003
Mid Michigan
Detector(s) used
IDX Classic SL-x2....Excalibur1000
Went to a small ball field for a short time today (too hot to stay out long). I found a couple bucks in clad , one 47 wheatie, and a 68 Canadian dime.This dime had my IDX confused as though it couldnt figure out if it was a nail or a pulltab.When I popped it out of the ground I was surprised to see it was what looked like a silver dime.I tossed it on the ground, checked it again and got the same response.Well , when I got home I checked out my Canada book and found out that in 68 some dimes were struck in a silver /copper and others were struck in pure nickle.The book suggested that if you were unsure which you had to run a magnet over the coin.....Sure enough, it stuck!....Still aint worth nothin. Oh well, thats my trivia for the day......JO

Upvote 0

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good deal,

hh

lonewolfe

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
go magnet fishing in the lakes or do they have beachs in canada? ;D

T

tank

come about july 15th the magnet pulls the coins up against the bottom of the thin ice so you can see if it's worth chipping your way down to it or not!

Batch

Apr 18, 2004
Kusel County
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tank...you and I were thinking along the same lines. I haven't laughed out loud like that in a long time. THANKS!

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually golddigger, nickel is magnetic. If you can get a hold of a canadian nickel, you will see that it is magnetic. Apparently partway thru 1968 they made the dimes out of the same material they made the nickels out of.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread