Found $5000 platinum/diamond charm today.

F

frankiesaysrelax

Too bad I didn't get to keep it. Got a call from a friend today. Some fellow was looking for his wife's diamond & platinum pendant. Big sucker in the shape of a heart. They were lying on the beach and she got a massage from a traveling masseur. Shortly thereafter, she noticed her necklace had broken and the pendant was gone. They had searched frantically for hours dumping sand through a screen in hopes of finding it. A lot of their friends suspected the masseur had taken it. I searched in the area where they had found the broken necklace and had been digging first but found nothing, not even a tab top, lol. I had the discriminator turned all the way down too. Then I fanned out the search and got a really loud signal, the first of the search. It sounded like an aluminum beer can, but the signal didn't have that bang to it that aluminum does. Well, this fellow Ricky began to dig away with my sand scoop while I kept checking the area. Scoop after scoop and the signal remained in the ground. Finally I saw something shiny sticking out of the sand. Sure enough, it was the pendant. Wow does platinum give a good signal! The guy was so happy he gave me a big hug. Then we went back to tell his wife we couldn't find it. She looked disappointed until he opened his hand, revealing the pendant. She hugged me too. It was a good day. Sorry, no pics though. It was a platinum outline of a heart a good two inches across, set with diamonds all the way around. It was her favorite piece of jewelry so she was glad to have it back. Before I found it Ricky had told me it cost $5000. :o

Upvote 0

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good deal,

hh

lonewolfe

OP
OP
F

frankiesaysrelax

Thanks everyone. ?

It seriously took me about five minutes to find it. ?It was about six or eight feet away from where they had been searching. ?

I can use all the good karma I can get, I have one of the four parts of the Uniform CPA examination on Saturday. 8)

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW, that would be cool just to tuch! I bet it cost $5,000 Platinum is $857.00 an ounce. I don't even know what it feels like or looks like you should try and get us a picture.

Keep at it and HH!!

mgdigger

Jan 31, 2004
Los Osos, CA
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 and ACE 250
last year I found a 2k dimond ear ring for a lady at the beach. I looked in the area they said they lost it of about a half an hour untill they gave up. found right after that in an other area.

Huntin' 59er

Apr 27, 2005
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on finding the charm ! But WHY would anyone want to wear a $5000 piece of jewelry to the beach and take a chance of losing it ?

Huntin' 59er

OP
OP
F

frankiesaysrelax

Huntin' 59er said:
Congrats on finding the charm ! But WHY would anyone want to wear a $5000 piece of jewelry to the beach and take a chance of losing it ?

Huntin' 59er

The beach I went to is a hotel beach on Dune Road in the Hamptons. I live 20 min away. $5000 is pocket change for the people that stay at this hotel. She wore it because it was her favorite piece of jewelry and she wears it every day. I bet she won't wear it to the beach anymore though, LOL.

Methinks I should make a point to detect there more often. ;)

Sorry I didn't think to bring my digital camera. Next time I won't forget. I wish I had a pic to share with y'all.

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good story. I like it when the detectorist finds the lost item and returns it. I would definitely go back there more often, though no trash or other signals may mean the beach is cleaned. Argh!

Ed

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread