Few ACE 250 Qs

Fishstank

Sep 18, 2007
3rd Gen. Arizona Native
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, Ace 250, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Few ACE 250 Q's

Hello,

I have a few questions. Is it really all that important to use the pinpointer on the ace 250? I can't get it down for one thing. I just usually rely on a steady tone.

And two. I have come across an early 1800's homestead. It's full of old tractor's and parts are scattered everwhere. Where is a good place to start looking? It also has a cellar? I don't know if the cellar floor is dirt but I might have a look.

Sorry if these questions are kind of bland? I don't know much about these things unless I have seen them previously posted.

Fishstank

MD Dog

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2007
Please don't yell !
Re: Few ACE 250 Q's

Fish my little buddy. You need to look around here a bit. Your questions have been asked and answered more times than anyone wants to think about. Spend some time just reading through all the posts fore the ace and you'll find all your questions answered.

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11

Welcome to TNet. Don't give up. It just takes practice. SC hunter gave you a good link. I'll be getting an Ace sometimes this week. I can't wait to try it out. I didn't think I would ever learn to pinpoint but by reading post on here about each machine I own has really help me. I can't pop them out of the ground yet but I'm getting close to doing so. Took a lot of practice though.

Stacylee926

Dec 29, 2006
Portsmouth, VA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Discovery 1100

I love my pinpointer! I went without for the first 6 mo when I started. Then a friend at a group hunt gave me one and in the long run it just makes finding the object much quicker. I can dig my hole, then move the pinpointer around my pile and then around the hole to narrow down the search.

When my hole is in the shade, it is just hard to find a muddy coin. Just easier that's all!

OP
OP
Fishstank

Fishstank

Sep 18, 2007
3rd Gen. Arizona Native
Detector(s) used

Thanks KHouse. I did watch the video several times in fact. I was just upset with the fact that I have dug holes, tried the pp and never found the target. But I will keep at it. Thanks for everyone's response.

fishstank

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

wow Khouse your everywhere! glad 2 see you here helping more people!

EasyMoney

Sep 15, 2007
Sweet Home, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primarily my Fisher cz-70 and Compass Relic & Coin, plus many others

Hmmm...

Living in Arizona?

I'm wondering if you're experiencing falsing? It's common with Aces. Other detectors too if they have troubles with our bad soil here in the west. The old Fisher 1265's and 1266's had a lot of troubles with falsing in high iron soil.

OP
OP
Fishstank

Fishstank

Sep 18, 2007
3rd Gen. Arizona Native
Detector(s) used

Well I went to that farmhouse this weekend and got my first token. A 1920's tax token to be exact. It's the pic in my profile.

Also got an 81 and 65 quarter.

Fish

acedigger

Aug 20, 2007
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Nox 600, Ace 250

Once you get a good signal you can double click the pinpoint button and it will narrow your pinpoint down pretty good. This helps when your trying not to dig a large hole. Also I have noticed with the 250 that I will get a strong signal and once I start digging I will lose it. But when you look at the screen it shows up under something I have notched out. I guess it thought it was a coin and then figured out it was a nail.
Good luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread