3rd Gen. Arizona Native
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, Ace 250, Garrett Pro-Pointer

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11
Re: Pinpointer Q's

Do a search at www.Kellyco.com and see what they offer. Some say that bounty hunter offers a cheap hand held pinpointer. You can also use your Ace as a pinpointer. Grab handfuls of dirt and wave it over the coil. If it blings then check out the dirt in your hand and your target should be in it. Old money in the dirt is about the same color of the dirt and very hard to see. Keep that in mind.
Don't give up. Read all the post on here you can and try out the suggestions offered until you get the hang of it. You'll be glad you did.
;) :)

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro

My experience has been that you get what you pay for. If you buy the cheapest, the variable tuning knobs wear out. And, they work poorly (if at all) in very cold weather. The PI's work well, but they cost more. So, somewhere in between there is one on this list which should work well for you.

I never hunt without my pin pointer. I have damaged far too many silver coins trying to precisely, surgically remove them from the ground with my digger. I always want to know EXACTLYwhere the target is before I remove it from the ground. Below is a link to some great pinpointers and their cost.

http://www.waynesthisandthat.com/probes.html

The-Bone

Nov 13, 2007
North East,Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Whites Silver Eagle, BHID,M6,CZ21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I bought a cheapo BH model...it works well but it is cheaply made...the on/off adjust knob is awkwardly placed and i have to tape the battery compartment door to hold it in place..it was the cheapest one out there however so i cannot complain and it DOES make a huge difference

TimC (North Alabama)

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2007
Cullman, AL
Detector(s) used
Minelabs-Garretts-Fishers-Teknetics-Whites-Nautilus-Tesoros'
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

There's a pin pointer called the Little Wizard primarily used in lumber situations, from what I've heard it makes a decent MD'ing pointer and for only 10.00 to 15.00 new from Amazon.com you can't beat it.

khouse

Dec 6, 2006

TimC (AL) said:
There's a pin pointer called the Little Wizard primarily used in lumber situations, from what I've heard it makes a decent MD'ing pointer and for only 10.00 to 15.00 new from Amazon.com you can't beat it.

Tim,
I think some have used this one with success. I believe I've seen them for around $20.00
Not sure how long they will last?
http://wizdist.com/wizprobe.cfm

rebelinmass

Aug 3, 2005
Lunenburg,Ma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, X-terra 70, sandshark pi, vibraprobe 560 and 580

I use the vibra probe. very sturdy and no buttons at all. Used it at the lake 6 feet deep and keeps on going. turns itself off as well so you don't waste batteries. It sure will cut your digging time in half.

Rebelinmass

emtrescue

Dec 26, 2007
Church Hill, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250

khouse said:
Fish,
If your using an Ace 250 then watch my video on pinpointing. This just might help you zero in on your target?

I gotta say THANK YOU for that tip and vid. I've been going nuts lately digging from here to China to find whatever my machine is targeting. I hope that this will delay the inevitable (I'm low on $$$$) of me getting a probe. I know it's coming, I just need a little time so I can get some cash saved up somehow.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread