HutSiteDigger

Silver Member
Nov 26, 2012
Stafford,Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266x and a shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out to Spotsylvania today and speaking of Spostylvania I want to congrats Mark1985 on here for finding I think his first US Buckle that he posted on here in todays finds!! :occasion14:

The problem with digging anything in Spotsy is the soil !! buttons come out soo harsh looking I have literally had buttons I dug in Spotsy crumble in my hand.. The two buttons I dug today in a hut site more over towards Fredericksburg/Stafford but on the boarder of Spotsy. I think the one on the left is a Eagle (C) or Eagle (D) (IM hoping a Eagle D) I know a guy who owns a Civil War shop in Stafford who will be able too clean this button perfect for me and will post an update if it turns out to be a Eagle D (i could really use a D) the other one on the right I have no idea and is beyond saving. Also dug a scabbard tip, few 3 ringers all in one hut site, the other huts were bone dry and im in the process of trying to find the trash pit in this camp.

The 1870 coin is a 3 cent and the round piece on the bottom under the buttons has "1869 The Magic Sun" which I looked it up and was part of a patent kerosene lamp burner both were found in Stafford the other day while I was just free roaming a old barn spot near the Stafford/King George line.

Hope everyone is having an awesome week!!

Attachments

• 101_0401.JPG
    101_0401.JPG
    35.4 KB · Views: 215
  • 101_0402.JPG
    101_0402.JPG
    32.7 KB · Views: 222
  • 101_0404.JPG
    101_0404.JPG
    37.7 KB · Views: 247
  • 101_0405.JPG
    101_0405.JPG
    26.1 KB · Views: 241
Last edited:
Upvote 5

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 3 cent piece looks to be in pretty good shape.

JmCraz8

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Currently using: XP DEUS, T2 SE and the Garret Carrot lol
Have used: Garret Ace 250, Garret AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great saves!!!

OP
OP
HutSiteDigger

HutSiteDigger

Silver Member
Nov 26, 2012
Stafford,Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 3 cent piece looks to be in pretty good shape.

Yah I was amazed, the spot I found it in use to be a early to mid 1900s barn and was digging nothing but iron and iron and more iron! I was hunting it like a turtle too get some good readings took me 2 1/2 hours too find the two the soil being great and she cleaned up very good I think she spent most of her life under where the barn was built or could have been dropped or stored inside the barn when it was being used.

OP
OP
HutSiteDigger

HutSiteDigger

Silver Member
Nov 26, 2012
Stafford,Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great saves!!!

Thanks JmCrazy... Hope your digs are coming out great, Did you ever get that Atlas book? I know you will have good success with it just let me know if you need any help in leading you too some camps up there in Ohio!

Mark1985

Jan 3, 2013
Detector(s) used
whites spectra v3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Haha very nice finds hut hut glad to see you came over to spotsy and found something great love that 3 cent pice what shop were you talking about in stafford

OP
OP
HutSiteDigger

HutSiteDigger

Silver Member
Nov 26, 2012
Stafford,Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haha very nice finds hut hut glad to see you came over to spotsy and found something great love that 3 cent pice what shop were you talking about in stafford

Sent you a PM Mark.. Well I was l officially still over in Stafford but I could see Spotys from across the river ;) ;) - wink !! (and everyone says this camp is 100% dug out LMAO)

Mark1985

Jan 3, 2013
Detector(s) used
whites spectra v3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nothing is ever dug out there have been at least 4 people that have dug that felid that I pulled my buckle out of today and its not very big

OP
OP
HutSiteDigger

HutSiteDigger

Silver Member
Nov 26, 2012
Stafford,Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing is ever dug out there have been at least 4 people that have dug that felid that I pulled my buckle out of today and its not very big

Well I will admit free roaming the camp is really 90% dug out I think every relic hunter in and around Stafford is been in this camp but heck who wants to dig out hut sites expect me right?

Mark1985

Jan 3, 2013
Detector(s) used
whites spectra v3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Lol finding what you find I would like to try it haha

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great relics ,seeing all your posts lately [ all good] Im starting to feel lazy ,also about so called hunted out sites ,there are very few if any one just has to dig deeper then the other guy's . This old time relic hunter told me once ,"some relics are left in place for those who are meant to find them" keep up the hard work as its paying off..Davers

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that 3 center is amazing for a dug specimen. usually the nickel content turns very dark. that thing is sweet.

OP
OP
HutSiteDigger

HutSiteDigger

Silver Member
Nov 26, 2012
Stafford,Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that 3 center is amazing for a dug specimen. usually the nickel content turns very dark. that thing is sweet.

Thats why I love too find out where 19th and early 20th century big barns use too be you can really find some relics that pop out of the ground like they were just thrown there last year if the barn didnt burn down in a fire, but it takes patients and good soil because you will be digging and getting iron signals all day long for just the few good signals you get.. I also use the same solution in cleaning coins that Luray Caverns uses too clean there hundreds of thousands coins visitor throw into the cave waters every few years they literally bring the coins back too excellent condition when they drain the waters and collect the coins for cleaning I will clean all my coins this way but I will bring my buttons to a guy who is a professional relic cleaner. But go down too Richmond County and dig coins down by the water in that sandy rich soil you will get almost fine condition coins from the 19th century popping out it really is unreal what soil does.

Last edited:

matt092079

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2011
Charles Town, WV
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 with 11" DD coil, Garrett Ace 250 with 9x12 coil, Garrett Pro-Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds and very nice 3 center.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please share your cleaning secret. I would like to know how to make a 3 cent nickel appear non-dug. :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread