Fiber-optic eye

IndianaSmith

Jul 21, 2007
I have one of these I bought when I was in business to inspect heat exchangers for cracks. For those who aren't familiar with them, it's an eyepiece with a 36" flexible wand you can view through, and focus as well. Mine is even lighted. I paid well in excess of $300 for it.

I ran across it the other day, and am trying to decide what to do with it, to sell or swap for something. My question is, would this be a beneficial tool to a cache-hunter? The wand is only 3/8-1/2" diameter, so would get into some tight spots, or small holes if some needed to be drilled (into walls?).

Any input? Anyone ever use one? I might list it for sale if someone thought it would be useful.

Smitty

K

Kentucky Kache

It definitely would be a good tool for cache hunting. I've never used one, but I would like to have it in my toolbox.

Tim Williams

Dec 24, 2005
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Arc-Geo Logger-TM-808-Garrett XL500-Deepstar
Yes very much so. After we grid walls in the old home in Mexico, if a target is seen and the shape is box or pot shape, we drill a small hole in the wall. These walls can be very thick. Then the unit is inserted to view the object. It works very well. If the object is not what we are looking for, we just fill the hole and go on.

Tim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread